FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Screeching A/c
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this happen to anyone else? probably just something caught in the vents (seems to be coming from one specific vent) i just havn't had time to take the thing apart and find it yet. Also seems to only happen at the 2nd fan level... and eventually goes away... any clues to cut down on the searching time? really not looking forward to taking my dash apart to get to this vent
Are you sure it's not the fan motor being tempermental when cold? Ours does that too... if it's on 2 I turn it to 1 for a sec and then back up. If it's on 1 I turn it to 2.

It only seems to happen when the car's dead cold in the middle of winter, or anytime below -5.

Is that what yours is doing, or is it something else?
just tried it... and yes, that's it man. so nothing i can do really? just deal with it?

it's crazy annoying eh
I had the same thing.. the blower fan makes a screeching sound when it starts up cold. I took it to the dealership and they said it's a common problem and that they'd just replace the fan motor for me. After that it was fine..
I just flip the fan speed first thing... if it's that cold, you don't need an awful lot of air blowing around unless you plugged in the block heater.

The dealer knows about it, Guilty? Hmm. I'll have to call Stockfish and see what it would cost to replace it. It still works perfectly fine however... I hate spending cash if I don't have to.

I'd say live with it, bud. Doesn't bother me any :)
i'll check with the dealer and see if i can fix the fan.

definatly right Nos, no biggie. just thought i'd ask