FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Oil Pressure Sending Unit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey i was currious if i could install a oil pressure sending unit in this location
[Image: oil01_small.jpg]

i also have a oil temp gauge where would i put the sending unit for this? would i tap that into the oil pan ?
I think that spot is a little small. How big is the oil pressure sending unit? I remembder doing another members and we had trouble because it was too big...

Now if the sender unit is small enough you can probably use a 45 deg adapter and mount it at the rear of the engine. Its actually a real easy spot to get to...

[Image: 572202_55_full.jpg]

For the oil temp you could probably tap in right by thehead or use the rear plug for that also. You'll notice thats where the factory oil temp sensor is located just inches away....
I second Hardcore On this one... Thier is no room under the Distributer for a sending unit.
alright so who wants to help me install the gauges!! hahah i have no clue where that pic is ?

maybe after winter install day !
ok i also have another problem ..i dont have the sending units ..i was given the gauges after my buddie wrote off his car ...so when i buy the sending units what ones do i need?

i need the oil pressure one
and
oil temp one

theres soo many on the auto meter site