FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2006 Wrcfocus Officially Launched~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New For 2006!

Look at those new colors!?@!?@!?@!?@!@
I like the car, but its a lil too much green for me, especially for a ford sponsered car. But overall i like it.
It could be worse. Like copper.
I like it - changes it up a bit. The scheme over the past few years has basically been the same. In any case I hope it performs !!!
The front bumper on the car looks fawkin sick .. i wish mine came like that one
That looks hawt. I'd drive one in a heartbeat.
Interesting, it looks like it is still base on our old C170 not the new C1.
Guess we won't be seeing that car in any new Ford commercials. :twak:
meford4u,Dec 1 2005, 10:07 PM Wrote:It could be worse.  Like copper.
[right][snapback]158936[/snapback][/right]

:angry:
The green is probably, in the designers mind, an extension of:

Ford--> Ford owns Jag --> Jag's "signature colour" is --> "British racing green"

AnthonyD is the advert agent, maybe he will make sense of it?

I think they call it "branding" or "exposure" or "a crack induced toss out and lets see where it lands"?
2001 ZTS,Dec 2 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote:The green is probably, in the designers mind, an extension of:

Ford--> Ford owns Jag --> Jag's "signature colour" is --> "British racing green"

AnthonyD is the advert agent, maybe he will make sense of it?

I think they call it "branding" or "exposure" or "a crack induced toss out and lets see where it lands"?
[right][snapback]159109[/snapback][/right]

british racing green goes back over a hundred years...long before jag...

that, and be happy there's no new advert. They'd put anyone on tv...
The green on the front looks more like british limey than british racing green and the green on the door is part of the sponsor's colour (Castrol green.)
dBlast,Dec 3 2005, 07:53 AM Wrote:The green on the front looks more like british limey than british racing green and the green on the door is part of the sponsor's colour (Castrol green.)
[right][snapback]159141[/snapback][/right]

Yep...hes right!
Wow... what a difference. I like it better now!
That Focus ran in the last rally of the year. It was doing well.

Halfway through the rally there was a few mechanical problems with one of the spark plugs/coils, or something like that, can't remember. But I suppose they fixed that in the time allowed with the tools allowed. But then, the Focus' water pump belt broke and it had to retire near the end of the rally.

Unfortunately there wasn't as much coverage of the new 2006 Focus as I had hoped for. But the rally was very eventful nonetheless. The top 4 or 5 cars all crashed or were eliminated due to mechanical failure.

I look forward to the new Rally year starting in January I believe, and the Focus' bugs worked out and winning races again. Check out more details on www.wrc.com
05-BLACK-ZX5,Dec 3 2005 Wrote:That Focus ran in the last rally of the year.  It was doing well.

Halfway through the rally there was a few mechanical problems with one of the spark plugs/coils, or something like that, can't remember.  But I suppose they fixed that in the time allowed with the tools allowed.  But then, the Focus' water pump belt broke and it had to retire near the end of the rally.

Unfortunately there wasn't as much coverage of the new 2006 Focus as I had hoped for.  But the rally was very eventful nonetheless.  The top 4 or 5 cars all crashed or were eliminated due to mechanical failure.

I look forward to the new Rally year starting in January I believe, and the Focus' bugs worked out and winning races again.  Check out more details on www.wrc.com
[right][snapback]159164[/snapback][/right]

thanks KAT,, welcome to last month! :lol:
Back in your cage!!! [Image: evilmonkey1.jpg]