FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bloc Quebecois Supports Canada!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hahaha.. just kidding..

Quote:Martin dismisses Bloc's plan for a 'Team Quebec'

CTV.ca News Staff

Liberal Leader Paul Martin dismissed a Bloc Quebecois plan that would see superstar hockey players like Mario Lemieux and Vincent Lecavalier play for Team Quebec instead of Team Canada in international tournaments.

Released on Wednesday, the Bloc platform includes a plank calling for Quebec national teams to play in international hockey and soccer tournaments.

"I would like to see the same rules as those applying to Scotland or Wales or Northern Ireland,'' Duceppe said during a news conference.

"They have their own players in the soccer World Cup or the rugby World Cup. If it's possible in Great Britain, it could be possible in Canada.''

Martin responded to Duceppe's proposal at a Montreal press conference on Thursday.

"You know, it is amazing. Do you hear Mr. Duceppe talking about the environment? Not really. Do you hear him talking about better health care? Not really. What he is talking about is ... having a hockey team," Martin said.

"I suppose that goes with his army and his spies," he joked, referring to Duceppe's wish list that includes an army and intelligence service in an independent Quebec.

When a reporter reminded Martin that hockey is a big deal in Quebec, the Grit leader replied that, indeed, "there are a lot of Quebec hockey players who have played for Canada in the Canada Cup, and who play for Canada on all of the world teams ... and they really do very, very well. I think that they are very pleased to play for Canada."

Edmonton Tory MP James Rajotte said a separate Quebec team would be unfortunate for not only hockey, but for Canada.

"That would be a very symbolic and a very bad thing because Canadians, you know, one thing they can unite around is hockey," Rajotte told CTV in Ottawa.

"If they were to see one team in red and white and another team in blue and white, of people that used to play together, I think that would just be a destructive thing emotionally for this country."

Rajotte evoked the famous winning goal scored during the 1987 Canada Cup, after Wayne Gretzky passed the puck to Quebec-born Lemieux.

"These are the moments that emotionally bind a nation together. And to segment into provinces to be represented on the international stage is certainly a bad idea," he said.

"So we obviously in the Conservative party still favour the one-team concept."

Also included in Duceppe's election platform is a call for an independent Quebec to use the Olympics to encourage physical fitness.

When asked who would play for a Quebec hockey team, Duceppe named three star goalies from the province: Martin Brodeur, Jose Theodore and Roberto Luongo.

"Today I'll announce goalies. Tomorrow I'll give you the defence."

up to 2001 ZTS to break it down into pictures for the illiterate
Duceppe's wish list that includes an army and intelligence service in an independent Quebec.

Ok, he got caught up in the lie. There is no intelligence in Quebec.

Shite Disturber at it again!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

"Penalty to #66, Mario Lemieux, 2 minutes for vocal support of Separatism. Time, 15:23."

:rofl: :rofl:

"Confederation goal, scored by #22 Paul Martin. Assists by #23, Ralph Klein and #24, James Rajotte. Time of the goal, 15:30."
doesnt it have a little "hitler" feel to it?

whats next... alchool in all corner store and full out bordello strip joint? LOL