FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 5000km In One Week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just writing this let people know

Well on the 3rd I packed the family in the ZX5 and headed to Florida. I used $200US in petrol, excluding the tank I'm on and averaged 7.1 li/100km. Not bad, I even got down to 6.4. We ran with the air-con on the entire time, and drove between 55-70 mph, depending on the area. We hit Magic Kingdon, Hollywood studio's, Kennedy Space Center, Ron Jon's, Steak and Shake, etc....

The amount of km I put on this past week I usually do in 5-6 months.

Car ran perfect, no hiccups. I do wish 5th was geared lower or had a 6th, I mean it is a stick so if I need to shift then I don't mind. 112kph/70mph I it revs at 3000RPM

One question, why do Americans hide the speed limit signs in the bush on the interstates?

Florida is really cool. I suggest every one to go at least once if you haven't been.

DRyanC

EDIT: I just finished entering all my fuel numbers and one tank I got down to 5.7
There's nothing better than a good road trip. Next time you or anyone goes to Florida I'll share the route I perfected over the years, it shaves hours off the drive.
I love road trips......only did 2 to the East coast.

I'd love to go down south. (i did last night though haha)
Awsome I will be doing that trip in may next year. We will see what my mods will do to help or not help th fuel milliage.
DRyanC,Jul 13 2009, 03:50 PM Wrote:One question, why do Americans hide the speed limit signs in the bush on the interstates?
[right][snapback]290960[/snapback][/right]

Something tells me you may have been pulled over?
NikiterZTS,Jul 13 2009, 05:57 PM Wrote:I'd love to go down south. (i did last night though haha)
[right][snapback]290970[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
:postpics:
Mmmmmmmmmm Steak and Shake. My favorite.
No, I wasn't pulled over, my GPS unit showed the speed I should be traveling. I noticed I could go for miles with out see any signs. The last thing I wanted was a speeding ticket, so I was probable the 2nd slowest car on the road.

Going to Florida I say take I79-I77-I95. We took I75 the way back and it sucks, Either way you go it's pretty much just trees.

DRyanC
Ya I'm taking a stop in NewYork at some music museum and then hooking onto the 75 south all the way. Just trees but its a good drive. I plan on getting my camera mount and doing some filming while heading down there lol.
DRyanC,Jul 14 2009, 07:17 AM Wrote:No, I wasn't pulled over, my GPS unit showed the speed I should be traveling. I noticed I could go for miles with out see any signs. The last thing I wanted was a speeding ticket, so I was probable the 2nd slowest car on the road.

Going to Florida I say take I79-I77-I95. We took I75 the way back and it sucks, Either way you go it's pretty much just trees.

DRyanC
[right][snapback]291004[/snapback][/right]

Did you drive straight threw? 23-24 hours normal for me. It's a lot more comfortable in a '77 Cadilac than a '89 Civic Si I'll tell ya!
Scorcher000,Jul 14 2009, 07:31 AM Wrote:Ya I'm taking a stop in NewYork at some music museum and then hooking onto the 75 south all the way. Just trees but its a good drive. I plan on getting my camera mount and doing some filming while heading down there lol.
[right][snapback]291006[/snapback][/right]

Wanna borrow the GoPro?
No, I broke it up into two days, both ways. My wife can't drive stick yet, and my daughter is 2 and didn't think she could take 23 hours at once. the way down it took 21 1/2 hours "driving time". I75 back was 24. We stopped around 7pm ate dinner, then I went to sleep, got up at around 2am and packed everyone in and started out. The interstates are nice to drive a 2-5am, no one is on the road.

I have a DVD player that straps to the back of the seat for my daughter and I bought a garmin 265T before I left. Worked pretty good. Except the address for Ron Jon in Cocoa beach was wrong.

DRyanC