FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lower Mainland Focuses :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, new to the Focus scene. I dont have one yet, but im eyeing a 05 ZX3 with an adrenaline package (6 disc, stock subs.. ) Just curious to see what year your focus is and how much did u pay for it? Also if you guys know if a good ford dealer to look at.. lemme know! thaks guys!
Hey..the 05's are great.!

Well mine has been ,...although I got the ZX5.

....you should just upgrade to aftermarket audio gear! That way you can get what you want!...just my 2 cents
so u recommend dont bother with the "stock upgrade"? how much did u pay for urs?
Welcome!

I paid $21 000 taxes in with body kit, 17" wheels, Eibach Pro-kit springs and Borla Cat back exhaust. That was 5 years ago though. My car is a Base 2000 ZX3.

I'm in Ontario BTW.

Bunny is right. dont waste your money on a dealer upgrade when you can probably buy some sweeter gear on here (or other places) for cheaper.
Duke of Hazards,Nov 30 2005, 08:33 PM Wrote:so u recommend dont bother with the "stock upgrade"? how much did u pay for urs?
[right][snapback]158682[/snapback][/right]

Well..depends..what I paid and how much things are worth is two differetn things, and not to sound cocky..ijust got a really good buddy in the car-audio business!

Anyhow, you can can get any number of decent mp3/cd headunits for $150 and up

Speakers are wide open, based on what you want

Amps and other other add-ons all range in price depends on output, number of channel,...etc..

I'm just saying that you might enjoy piecing together your own 'customized' system more than a 'stock upgrade' per se!
Has anybody even heard of the "adrenaline package"? It even has an "adrenaline" badge on the back of it. The car is priced at approx 20,000 incl. taxes for the '05 ZX3. I'm not really a big audio fan, so even if i bought a plain old ZX3 I prolly wouldnt upgrade the sound system too much... i woulds really bother.. id prolly upgrade the looks first! I dunno... ive never bought sumthin so expensive before or be potentially tied down to it for so long too.. just kinda... "cautious" <_<
i ran the stock speakers and just bought a nice deck, amp and sub... more than enough for the average listener and wont break the bank. you could do the above for about $800-1500cnd which would offer much nicer sound than the stock upgrade.
ZX3TUNING,Dec 1 2005, 10:38 PM Wrote:i ran the stock speakers and just bought a nice deck, amp and sub... more than enough for the average listener and wont break the bank. you could do the above for about $800-1500cnd which would offer much nicer sound than the stock upgrade.
[right][snapback]158953[/snapback][/right]

The stock speakers lack some major clarity. I just picked up 2 pairs of Infinity 6x8's off of eBay for less than 1/2 of new, shipped to my door. Year end model clearance! Great deal, great sound, and something to match my Infinity sub that will be going in soon.
that is also another good option. and it is true, the stock speakers do lack clarity but that would be something an "Audiophile" would care more about than the average listener...
hi my name is glen iam new to this forum iam from vancouver iland bc. hope to talk to some focus owners on here.