FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Chrome Plating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know a good place to get stuff chromed like engines and other item???
Scorcher000,Jul 13 2009, 01:02 PM Wrote:Does anyone know a good place to get stuff chormed like engines and other item???
[right][snapback]290933[/snapback][/right]

I've always said there's nuthin like a "chormed" engine. LOL - thanks John!

Scorcher000,Jul 13 2009, 12:02 PM Wrote:Does anyone know a good place to get stuff chormed like engines and other item???
[right][snapback]290933[/snapback][/right]

You want to chrome plate your engine? :blink:
LOL I got the tread topic right lol.
Anyways yes its to do with the Engine build I will be doing over the next 1-2 years.
I found and engine for $500.
And My friend suggested that I get the head chromed after doing the port and polish. Always the fluids to travel smoother and the aire fuel mixture to travel better threw the head.
Why wouldn't you just polish the intake and exhaust runners. If you chrome plate it everything would be chrome. You would run the risk of the chrome coming off the combustion chambers and damaging the valves or piston rings. Wouldn't you? Also you wouldn't get a good sealing surface for the head, intake and exhaust gaskets.
most places that do powder coating will do chrome plating also.

this is where we get our stuff done here in Ottawa; http://www.rldindustries.com/
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 13 2009, 02:38 PM Wrote:Why wouldn't you just polish the intake and exhaust runners.  If you chrome plate it everything would be chrome.  You would run the risk of the chrome coming off the combustion chambers and damaging the valves or piston rings.  Wouldn't you?  Also you wouldn't get a good sealing surface for the head, intake and exhaust gaskets.
[right][snapback]290947[/snapback][/right]
Yes. I used to build performance engines in my day, you wouldn't do it. Aluminum parts you can't chrome plate anyways, and iron parts run the risk of the plating coming off as the metal corrodes beneath the plating.
I figured there is a good chance of that but I wanted to talk to a professional plater about this. Either way I'll most likely just do the port and polsihing only with some over sized valves.
I'm working on a true CAI, having trouble finding the right intercooler.
[Image: Intercooler.jpg]

Is this big enough? LOL
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 13 2009, 04:20 PM Wrote:[Image: Intercooler.jpg]

Is this big enough?  LOL
[right][snapback]290958[/snapback][/right]

Is that your new car? Wow! :P
That might do. Maybe I'll see if there is any scrap Kenworhts around.
Scorcher000,Jul 13 2009, 06:48 PM Wrote:That might do. Maybe I'll see if there is any scrap Kenworhts around.
[right][snapback]290971[/snapback][/right]

I was searching for a pic of a big rig intercooler when I found that pic. :lol:
Looks cool though. Ya I plan on get a cooler and using my steeda pipe along with some other piping to create a true CAI.
Scorcher000,Jul 14 2009, 07:52 AM Wrote:Looks cool though. Ya I plan on get a cooler and using my steeda pipe along with some other piping to create a true CAI.
[right][snapback]290999[/snapback][/right]

why?
Just because, Where its drawing from now takes too much heat need to get it lower and I don't want to do what everyone else has.
Don't you think having an intercooler would cause a restriction on the incoming air flow and choke the flow of air? Has this been done before?
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 14 2009, 08:57 AM Wrote:Don't you think having an intercooler would cause a restriction on the incoming air flow and choke the flow of air?  Has this been done before?
[right][snapback]291009[/snapback][/right]

Thats what Im thinking too, Im also thinking your going to lose power if anything. They have those fake intakes that go infront, but those arent intercooler cores.
Hmmm...
Interesting I'll take this into thought. But we'll see.
Unless of course you are going to throw a Snail in there somewhere. Then by all means, go for it.

[Image: big_turbo_250-op.jpg]
Hmm... again.
Maybe when I have the engine apart I can rig something up with a vortech charger.