FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Headlight Washer Jets.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well the thing, I already have the European washer bottle it arrived from germany on monday, I would have ordered off mitch but he was out of stock at the time..... yay customs, and the slowness of them....

well if I do need a higher pressure pump as Nass suggested, maybe going the euro route as what the best thing to do in this case, not to mention having the correct parts and all of them is not such a bad idea I think. I'm more or less waiting on Tezza ( on ffoc.uk ) to give me back a responce as to what I need, and what the parts numbers they are and to see if indeed the parts are the same for the regular washer jets as for the lights or is it higher, he said he'd e-mail me back in a week so I'll have to wait till then.

lol I think the washer stock arm is a good idea too Mo focus, it is an orginal idea, but I'd have to say it would be a bad one for my sedan as there would be an extra wiper arm switch that would be more or less useless being there........
Frost__2001,Dec 2 2005, 08:02 PM Wrote:lol I think the washer stock arm is a good idea too Mo focus, it is an orginal idea, but I'd have to say it would be a bad one for my sedan as there would be an extra wiper arm switch that would be more or less useless being there........
[right][snapback]159046[/snapback][/right]

well what i meant to say is that you can replace yours with the ZX3 ones, i actually changed mine while back bc the stock ZX3 doesnt have the intermidiate adjustment on it. I think they are all interchangable. so you would only have one, not two :) God, yeah two would be really stupid . hehe
It might be slightly tricky wiring up the washer pump for the headlights to run on the rear washer stalk.. although it may be incredibly simple. Dont know if they'd bother making the sedan steering column wiring any different than the hatchbacks.

But I guess if you have the 2nd pump (say a rear window pump) running to the headlight nozzles, then having the switch for the rear window pump running your headlight washers would only make sense.

And while you're at it, pick up the arm with the variable speed intermittant wiper controls (I think they were on the premium option hatchbacks). And remember that only the hatchbacks and wagon wiper control arms have the "pull-forward" function for the rear wiper/washer.
hey phil, do you have a pic of what the nozzles look like coming outa the bumper to shoot at the lights?
smith21,Dec 4 2005, 02:50 PM Wrote:hey phil, do you have a pic of what the nozzles look like coming outa the bumper to shoot at the lights?
[right][snapback]159258[/snapback][/right]

I do but I borrowed them.

[Image: FocusGhiainsilver2.jpg]

[Image: Ghiafocisilver.jpg]
am i the only one that thinks they kinda look outa place? No offence phil...
LMAO...... well the most common mod most European people do is paint all the black trim to body color like on our north american cars. It's one of the few pic's I borrowed that showed them unpainted, and well this guy did paint his to match his car. It's just a clip on cover that comes off and is easy to paint like any other trim part.

I think it will look more then fine on my car as I'm going for that black trim look, ( a la euro foci ) but if I can do this and get them set up I'd more then likely be the first person here in north america to set up this function, and not to mention I think it would be a great option for all of us canadians as we have great weather to use them in. ( ie. winter's road salts / summer's dead bug guts )
I'm happy now Tezza got back to me, So Anyone know is I can get these Ford Items cheep ?

Jet LH 1064802 or XL41-13L014-AA

Jet RH 1086852 or XL41-34L015-AA

RH cover 1139410 or 2M51-13L018-AB

RH cover 1139411 or 2M51-16L019-AB

Hose (kit) 1150423 or XS41-13K140-AC

Washer Pump 6729803 or 93BB-13K082-AB

Wiring 1101912 or 98AG-2C195-AB
definatly need a lot of power on these jets. if my buddy hits his on the BMW... anyone in a 7ft radius is soaked. so i'd definatly go OEM... hopefully the ford one works well enough. don't expect it to clean off bug guts though... i have a hard enough time scrubbing them off... let alone relying on a spray...

i would imagine you're looking at $200-$250 for that kit.
Pages: 1 2