FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I'm Having A Blonde Moment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recorded Sunday's Animation Domination... the whole 2 hours, with The War At Home left in for good measure.

I'm sitting here, trying to re-encode the whole damn thing down to an AVI or MPEG2 file from the source VOBs created by my DVD recorder.

I can even open the listing IFO file and then play the files as recorded in Windows Wonderdog Player.

However, when using my current editor / encoder (Ulead VideoStudio 8), it seems to strip the Dolby Digital-encoded audio or not be able to recognize it. S'funny, I never had that issue with the 6 hours of wedding and honeymoon footage (audio encoded as PCM Dolby Digital Stereo).

I was about to install the latest Windows Media Encoder and give that a shot.

Anyone else have any bright ideas?

Thanks

EDIT - WME and Movie Maker won't access VOB files.
Set it to a 3.5 dither on the cyan channel.
V.1.0.5 OS 9.10 works better on a server that handles dimential interfaces on a regular vivid setting more than 6.0 scaled to the wma.
WINAVI. Best damn ripper/burner for media ever.
Agreed.

The system manifold is way better than version 5.1.2 s.a.e by far.
ANTHONYD,Nov 29 2005, 04:51 PM Wrote:Set it to a 3.5 dither on the cyan channel.
V.1.0.5 OS 9.10 works better on a server that handles dimential interfaces on a regular vivid setting more than 6.0 scaled to the wma.
[right][snapback]158350[/snapback][/right]

Just like your avatar, your speech is all f---ed up.

Stupid MAC users! :lol:
Ha ha very funny :P

I expected more video savvy from a Crapple user :D

I'm going to give it a shot with Premiere Pro 1.5 when I get home tonight, or just install it at work.

It's frustrating, especially when you take the time to edit out all the damn commercials and then there's no sound :angry:
maybe your authoring software is trying to pull from a second sound source or stream inadvertently...
The software enumerates the files correctly. I'll try extracting the VOBs directly from the NRG first and then adding it. I've currently loaded the NRG in Daemon Tools and have imported the files that way.

It doesn't have any problem playing the files in the preview... it just can't play the sound. All the sound settings are correct, and I know this version can handle PCM-encoded audio as it handled our MiniDV stuff fine.

Or was that Premiere. *scratches head*

I'll keep on it.