FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Came Into Some Money
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well it's almost December and my work is going to give me $500 cash at our christmas party for completing 5 years at one store ( :blink: :lol: :rolleyes: it's actually 7 but who's counting ) Plus I'm getting another check for $350 from the Rez, and the remainder of my Vacation pay in 3 weeks time. In total I'm going to gain $1200.00

So I was thinking what I should do with it, I already planed on taking 1/2 that and putting it towards personal debt (ie. credit cards, and an advanced payment on the car ) thus leaving me with $600.00

I know most of you know I'm doing the face lift conversion to my car, so what should I get ? I'm not thinking of Rims and tires or the rear bumper as of yet. but it leaves me with quite a few options on what to get.

That's not including my Mod budget of $200 a month.
buy my ram lol

its in the FS section
Save it for a rainy day and start looking for a better job that gives you $5000 when you reach 5 years.
And no, Ford doesn't give me $5k at 5 years. And they aren't hiring!
meford4u,Nov 28 2005, 06:16 PM Wrote:Save it for a rainy day and start looking for a better job that gives you $5000 when you reach 5 years.
And no, Ford doesn't give me $5k at 5 years.  And they aren't hiring!
[right][snapback]158129[/snapback][/right]

I wish I could work at ford, I applied there more then 4 times as my step father worked there up till aug....... then he retired. I'd save it for a rainy day but really the way my family is when they know you have money makes that not hapen, more or less not have it for very long......that is.

No offence steve but I don't really need ram for my pc yet.
get a european sedan rear or a 2005+ Street Appearance rear..
Lets roll his ass!

:lol:
this will make zts happy INVEST it
DD1,Nov 28 2005, 07:18 PM Wrote:this will make zts happy INVEST it
[right][snapback]158140[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, put it in an ING savings account and add some more money monthly, wait till it gets to a nice 10% of a mortgage on a house/condo. ;)

You already have a mod budget. Forget about this money for a bit. It obviously won't hurt you!!
Someone posted this earlier... Invest it in BEER. you get more money back than you would if you invested in Nortel & Enron...
Put it towards all your bad debt ASAP and live like you did before, like it never happened now or will again.
pay off debt, then invest invest
I had something incredibly crass to say about some of that money but I lack the caffeine to say it.

Invest it. Obviously if it's being thrown at you, you ought to be smart enough and invest it.
That's where the 1/2 is going, Personal debts includes the RRSP account I already have ( I think of it as a bill ), and the car payment. I'm responsible about where it is going but I just don't want to be suckered out of it over something like last year round x-mas time, as I don't celebrate the holiday at all, well just the buying frenzy that happens to people in order to be considered " a good gift giver " etc.......

I'm not cold or evil for not celebrating the holiday, but realistic about knowing I don't have to spend money on people too keep them close.

I donno though, I was thinking of investing in a set of ST 170 head lights an have enough left over to get the euro tails, or head lights and hood lock, or tail lights and gas door and hood lock....... etc...