FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Konafocuswrc Made It To Toronto-subaru-club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not exactly flattering comments.
meford4u,Jul 12 2009, 10:54 PM Wrote:Not exactly flattering comments.
[right][snapback]290909[/snapback][/right]

Oh I know......but I think it would be even worst if it made it to JDMrides.com....
but this gives an idea of what a non ford guys think of the car....

personaly i loved it when it didn't have all the crazy stickers
Someone should let Kona know this is what a nice Focus looks like.

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...=0&#entry290910
This sadens me... <_<
Clearly the car is a work in progress and he's doing a great job at it too.
I don't go around taking pictures of ppl's cars, posting them up and making fun of it and the owner.
I really don't go around laughing at the huge retarted fart cans and gay ass pink stickers. I don't say how useless the rear wings are on the cars and I really don't laugh at how 6 of 10 Subby's I see have an old lady in the driver seat, traveling in the slow lane. I just don't cause thats just not me. But the other 4 are the ones I'm talking about.
I guess some ppl have more time on they're hands then you would expect.
:lol:
When people hate on someone and they don't understand what they are trying to accomplish it pisses me off. I think Kona's Car has a very unique look going and I give him props for everything that he has done. How many Subies do you see on the road with a huge fart can muffler and nothing else. Another plus for him is that he is doing iot all himself on a car stereo installers budget.

Keep up the good work Leo!!!
OP was clearly wondering if this thing can back up it's looks and we all know it can not.
Threads like that give the owner of the car idea of what other people think. Who knows maybe he'll take some notes and make it better.

9 out 10 focus's are driven by grandma's who are 70+
NikiterZTS,Jul 13 2009, 08:29 AM Wrote:OP was clearly wondering if this thing can back up it's looks and we all know it can not.
Threads like that give the owner of the car idea of what other people think. Who knows maybe he'll take some notes and make it better.

9 out 10 focus's are driven by grandma's who are 70+
[right][snapback]290916[/snapback][/right]

I will be sure to tell my Mother in Law that you think she is 70+. LOL
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 13 2009, 08:26 AM Wrote:When people hate on someone and they don't understand what they are trying to accomplish it pisses me off.  I think Kona's Car has a very unique look going and I give him props for everything that he has done.  How many Subies do you see on the road with a huge fart can muffler and nothing else.  Another plus for him is that he is doing iot all himself on a car stereo installers budget. 

Keep up the good work Leo!!!
[right][snapback]290915[/snapback][/right]

i can assure you most of those fart cans are actually 3" catbacks and most likly to be 3" turbo backs.

plus those things would never sound like a civic unless some headers were installed even then its not bad
I see where some of the Subie guys are coming from but I deffenetly wouldn't call Kona's car hideous or domestic rice. Its different Its a great rally replica. But without a intercooler or some high whp numbers from under the hood the car won't get the respect it should rightfully have. How can you call a car that actually has a working roof scoop rice I was super surprised when he showed me it. Not like ur normal canadian tire scoops lol. On a side note, Kona do you actually enter any races with it? Street X, rally, circuit or anything.

and there is no need for this.
Canadian ST,Jul 13 2009, 03:58 AM Wrote:Someone should let Kona know this is what a nice Focus looks like.

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...=0&#entry290910
[right][snapback]290913[/snapback][/right]

Everyone likes different styles for instance my Side skirts some pple called rice and blah blah some pple liked them at the end of teh day I liked how they looked even though the slot was pointless but hey I modify my car for me to like it NOT ANYONE ELSE.
I think the major problem here is that you have to keep in mind the group making the comments.

By that I mean, these people obviously like their cars (Subarus) and that there are a number of them that feel for whatever reason that this makes it okay to publicly denegrate anything that isn't a Subaru.

I'm sure that there are Subaru owners on that board who are not in agreement with the treatment Kona's car is getting, but are unwilling to strongly voice their opinion for fear of getting embroiled in a public pissing match.

Its one of those things, I mean hell, post my car up there and the same people who tore into Kona's car would tear it a new entrance and exit hole (and I wouldn't care :P)

NefCanuck
^^ Didn't they liked your car at the Subaru dyno day?
Not sure konafocusowner's still around the site.. hope he sees this and the support from the focus community!
Sadly, I can see both sides of the argument. Kona's car was always meant to be more show than go. He had pretenses of making it fast, but he just hasn't gotten there yet. What's this about him leaving?

OTOH, Subarus are the DD rally cars (with minimal effort and upgrades) that most of us Focus enthusiasts wish the Focus would be, right off the lot. They're crowing because of the level of the car they get to have as a DD vs. a North American Focus. If this convo were taking place overseas, the tone would be very different indeed. On first inspection, a typical Subaru fanboi would see the lack of stopping power and immediately surmise that the car was an extensive exercise in rice. We can validate his work all we want, but there's definitely more show than go to Kona's car.

It's funny how if he had had 4-wheel disc brakes, they likely would have gone much easier on him. Score another FAIL for Ford North America, circa 2001.
Quote:9 out 10 focus's are driven by grandma's who are 70+

That's ok, I still give them the nod of repsect when they are checking my car out lol.
NikiterZTS,Jul 13 2009, 10:21 AM Wrote:^^ Didn't they liked your car at the Subaru dyno day?
[right][snapback]290925[/snapback][/right]

As I said earlier Nik some of the Subaru crowd would look at my car and be making warding gestures with their hands :P

But that's okay, being different isn't a crime ;)

NefCanuck
And another thing is we drive Foci because most of us can't afford a WRX STI. With prices for a 5 year old Subi starting around 25K on trader.ca they are a little out of our league. My 2 cents.
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 13 2009, 01:15 PM Wrote:And another thing is we drive Foci because most of us can't afford a WRX STI.  With prices for a 5 year old Subi starting around 25K on trader.ca they are a little out of our league.  My 2 cents.
[right][snapback]290942[/snapback][/right]

Funny that you mentioned that.
There's actually at thread on tsc.com of how people are asking so much money for STi in general now. I completly agree with that. I'd personaly buy one from states unless I can't find a deal down here.
man I wish I had my focus still somtimes, it would put some of those guys in their place pretty quick. :D
darkpuppet,Jul 13 2009, 11:53 AM Wrote:Not sure konafocusowner's still around the site.. hope he sees this and the support from the focus community!
[right][snapback]290928[/snapback][/right]

umm..i sent you emails regarding my account..
i changed email to none@themoment.com because i am getting spam email..
so i was creating new email..then it was asking me to validate but there is no way for me to fix email address because of pending validation..
i couldn't access to this and other few forums and didn't allow me to post anything..

i even sent email to you and other mods, nobody could help me..
so i ended up creating another account..

if you can transfer all my stuff from konafocuswrc to konafocuswrc2 if you can, otherwise, delete konafocuswrc for me..
Pages: 1 2