FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Hope She Was Worth It.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
^^ I read about that yesterday in the Sun. Bah... I've never seen a better Toronto-based case for Darwinism in my life.
about time someone blamed it on the parents...

Quote:The name of the boy isn't being released, but authorities insist this is the perfect example of why parents need to have a consistent and honest dialogue with their children.
You would think at 16 kids wouldn't know better than this.

Sad
Euro Ford Fan,Nov 28 2005, 10:11 AM Wrote:You would think at 16 kids wouldn't know better than this.

Sad
[right][snapback]157988[/snapback][/right]

It depends. If 300 pound daddy was on the other side of that door with a baseball bat yelling: "I told you little shits to stay away from my daughter" Id be skipping out that window to. :lol:
I blame television. I mean really, tying bed sheets together and attempting to scale 16 stories? How did they think it would end? That stuff only works on TV.
Maybe he was hoping he'd get bit by a radioactive spider? :ph34r:

Obviously there is a problem witht he folks.... If the kids are so terrified that they are willing to jump out a window..... Chances are there TOO strict.
ANTHONYD,Nov 28 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:Obviously there is a problem witht he folks.... If the kids are so terrified that they are  willing to jump out a window..... Chances are there TOO strict.
[right][snapback]157997[/snapback][/right]
They didn't "jump", they tried to get away by sneaking, they knew what they were doing was wrong, and unfortunately paid the price.

Nobody would feel sorry for this person if he fell attempting to "rob" the guy's apartment. How is this much different?

I don't know if you have children. I have 4 kids. The definition of "strict" varies depending on the point of view. If the boys were 16, the daughter was probably 15 or less. So which side of the line would you like to err on if you were her father?
OAC_Sparky,Nov 28 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote:They didn't "jump", they tried to get away by sneaking, they knew what they were doing was wrong, and unfortunately paid the price.[right][snapback]158005[/snapback][/right]
I tend to agree with your assessment. It is tragic, but at 16 you should be able to know the difference between a good decision (don't go to a home where you're not welcome by the parents, don't go off a balcony at the end of a sheet) and a bad decision.

And although it is probably correct that his parents had a role in his inability to choose the right course, at 16 it's still his decision to make and he was accountable for it.

Young people who make bad decisions kill themselves everyday ... and yes, it does tend to keep the herd healthier.
It was the tang my friends...his judgement was blinded by the tang.

Ill tell you this, if it was my daughter, and i came home to 2 boys (older...even worse) in my house, they better have jumped out the window, cuz i would have worked them.

Hense, why i will never have kids, WAY to protective.
Not a member of my site!

=P
I'm sure these problems would be non-issues if only every kid new parkour.
Both families with Hindu, if you understand their strict lifestyle and family values, you'll understand why this kid s**t a brick and tried to do everything he could not to dishonour the girl and his own family.
meford4u,Nov 28 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:Both families with Hindu, if you understand their strict lifestyle and family values, you'll understand why this kid s**t a brick and tried to do everything he could not to dishonour the girl and his own family.
[right][snapback]158106[/snapback][/right]

I may be wrong, but when someone steals, they cut off their hands, so i guess if you "de-flower" a girl...they cut your ...well you get it.

But i see what your saying meford...i would have went out the window also!
meford4u,Nov 28 2005, 04:02 PM Wrote:Both families with Hindu, if you understand their strict lifestyle and family values, you'll understand why this kid s**t a brick and tried to do everything he could not to dishonour the girl and his own family.
[right][snapback]158106[/snapback][/right]
I understand, I have Hindu friends; but if he was truly that concerned about "dishonour" he would not have been there in the first place.

Why is it that when these things happen it's the "parents are too strict" and not the kid being, as Fociphil put it, blinded by the tang?

Perhaps the boy's parents "were not strict enough".

I like "the tang" as much or more than the next guy (the 4 kids got here somehow), but let's not gloss over the fact that kids do dumb things. Trust me, I have a 15yo son and a 13yo daughter.

As a collector, I feel sorry for the poor bastard I ever catch with my daughter...

[Image: 2005_0211_231328AASmall.jpg]
[Image: 2005_0211_224800AASmall.jpg]
[Image: 2005_0204_232812AASmall.jpg]

I'll wager they won't be back. ;)
hmm, if i saw that in any girls house i wouldnt come back... regardless of age!
That collection is impressive. I know the boy has about 12 knives, but after I show him this, he'll want more.

No guns. Absolutely no guns
WOW sparky............ and after meeting you that night at my work, I though cool guy, but now I'm impressed, nice collection!
Thanks! (Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread)
Pages: 1 2