FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Zx3 Seat Handle Broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend was getting out of the car and his bag got stuck on that dumb handle. Sure enough it broke off. Anyone know an easy fix for this? I went to Ford and they told me that I had to replace the entire reclining assembly @ $128+tax. The metal pin that goes inside the handle is the part that snapped but I think it's connected to the assembly. Anyone have a spare one, know the part number for that piece, or know how I can solve this problem?
ohhhh, don't know what to tel you. Mine was broken when still nder warranty and ford replaced it for free. As for the price that was the price that they told me as well.

Worse thing that can happen is you go to a wrecker and get a seat for less then 128.

01-yellow-ZX3

Exact same thing happened to me, somebody kicked mine right off.

I remember reading a thread that said thats the average replacement cost.
:(
MAlby7,Nov 27 2005, 01:35 PM Wrote:My friend was getting out of the car and his bag got stuck on that dumb handle.  [right][snapback]157879[/snapback][/right]
Oh my lord that had to hurt!! Next time tell him to put some pants on or something.
LMAO! Your kidding right (haven't been in that many ZX3's, so I can't tell if your kidding or not!). :lol:
Yup, sounds about right. Mine broke a few months ago for the 3rd time. When I got the quote form ford (every other time it was covered under warranty) I told them they were on serious drugs & my passengers will just have to deal with it.

Also, I knew the new seats would be going in next spring, so I wasnt rushed to get it done or antyhing since it will recline come spring....just different seats. :)
I've broken three, only replaced one though. That price is about right, which sucks. I've just been dealing without until I decide to swap out the seats for something better.