FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Question For The Cell Phone Guru's ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MY GF has a Telus phone ( one of the pay as you go ones ) but wants to convert it to be able to use with Rogers. Is their anyway to do this ? If not who has a Rogers phone to sell - a half decent one. And is able to ship it to Ottawa.
You will NOT be able to use your Telus CDMA phone with Rogers GSM (or TDMA) Service. You need to sell it and get a LOCKED to ROGERS or UNLOCKED GSM Handset. Check HowardForums.com GSM Buy/Sell/Trade for deals on cellphones in the Ottawa area..
thanks for that !! I got a line on a used Motorola V635.
dlb,Nov 27 2005, 06:11 PM Wrote:thanks for that !! I got a line on a used Motorola V635.
[right][snapback]157881[/snapback][/right]

that is an AWSOME phone. If you want to activate a new rogers phone under a contratc, you can do it online and they will ship to you.
Paolo, Can you unlock a phone used on the Mike/nextel network to work with rogers?

I know i'd lose all the DC stuff and what not but i'm not really worried about that .. i just hate the Mike network
Nope...

Telus/Mike phones use IDEN tech
schade,Nov 28 2005, 05:54 PM Wrote:Paolo, Can you unlock a phone used on the Mike/nextel network to work with rogers?

I know i'd lose all the DC stuff and what not but i'm not really worried about that .. i just hate the Mike network
[right][snapback]158122[/snapback][/right]

nope, mike phones use iDEN. if you stick a rogers SIM card in your mike phone, you can only make emergency call, ie: 911
Hi no phone locked to telus cant be used on roger even thought it has been unlocked because phone locked to CDMA network can't be used on GSM sim .Better you can unlock your phone from telus network and use it on other CDMA network provider .To unlock it visit Mobile-unlocker.com here they ask you the mobile model and the IMEI number of your mobile .Then at last they deliver you code to unlock your mobile .Or else better buy phone locked to roger network .
On ebay you can get a cell phone unlock for super cheap - once you do that, it can be used within any carrier and it's better than over-paying the big cell phone companies to do it
wow thanks for bumping an old thread.

actually when this thread was created telus was only CDMA and analog and iden, now they use 3G HSPa and 4G, their 3G and 4G phones if unlocked will work on other networks like bell, rogers, fido.