FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Recall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks but....

Last year went that way --------------------------->
[right][snapback]157652[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

But this one was just sent to dealers on November 7,2005?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAFETY RECALL
05S27 Certain 2000 - 2005 Model Year Focus 4-Door, 4-Door Wagon, and 5-Door Vehicles Originally Sold In, Or Currently Registered In Corrosion States - Rear Door Latch Corrosion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank M. Ligon
Director
Service Engineering Operations
Ford Customer Service Division

Ford Motor Company
P.O. Box 1904
Dearborn, Michigan 48121

November 7, 2005

TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers

SUBJECT: Safety Recall 05S27: Supplement #2
Certain 2000 - 2005 Model Year Focus 4-Door, 4-Door Wagon, and 5-Door Vehicles Originally Sold In, Or Currently Registered In Corrosion States
Rear Door Latch Corrosion

REASON FOR THIS SUPPLEMENT

This bulletin is being re-issued with the following revisions:

The population of affected vehicles is being expanded to include certain 2003 through 2005 MY vehicles.
Some of the affected 2005 vehicles had the lower rear door seal installed during production. This safety recall still needs to be performed but it is not necessary to install a new lower door seal if one was installed in production.
AFFECTED VEHICLES

All 2000 - 2002 model year Focus 4-Door, 4-Door Wagon, and 5-Door vehicles built at Wayne Assembly Plant and originally sold in, or currently registered in corrosion states.
All 2002 model year Focus 4-Door, 4-Door Wagon, and 5-Door vehicles built at Hermosillo Assembly Plant and originally sold in, or currently registered in corrosion states.
All 2003 - 2004 and certain 2005 built through January 26, 2005, Focus 4-Door, 4-Door Wagon, and 5-Door vehicles built at Hermosillo and Wayne assembly plants and originally sold in, or currently registered in corrosion States.
The affected vehicles were originally sold in, or currently registered in, the following states and Canadian Provinces:

US States: Connecticut
Maryland
New York

Delaware
Massachusetts
Ohio

District of Columbia
Michigan
Pennsylvania

Illinois
Minnesota
Rhode Island

Indiana
Missouri
Vermont

Iowa
New Hampshire
West Virginia

Maine
New Jersey
Wisconsin

Canadian Provinces: New Brunswick
Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island

Newfoundland
Ontario
Quebec

Affected vehicles are identified in OASIS. In addition, for a list of vehicles assigned to your dealership, visit https://web.fsavinlists.dealerconnection.com. This information will be available on November 9, 2005.

REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL

All rear door latches on 2000-2004 and some rear door latches on 2005 model year 4-door, 4-door wagon, and 5-door Ford Focus vehicles in recognized high corrosion areas of North America may experience corrosion in the pawl pivot area preventing proper engagement of the pawl into the catch. The customer may experience difficulty closing the rear door that may eventually progress to a point where the rear door may not latch properly. If not latched properly, the door may open while driving.

SERVICE ACTION

At no charge to the vehicle owner, dealers are to inspect, clean, and lubricate the rear door latches, install a lower rear door seal and informational label to the rear doors on all the affected vehicles. As a courtesy maintenance, dealers will also clean and lubricate the front door latches even though the front door latches are not part of this recall.

Note: Some 2005 MY vehicles were built with the door seal. Do not remove the existing door seal but do complete the rest of the service procedure.

If a rear door latch does not pass the prescribed inspection procedure as outlined in Attachment III, it will be replaced. A replacement latch must still have the cleaning and lubrication procedure performed using the approved Door Latch Repair Kit.

This recall must be performed on all of the affected vehicles in your new inventory as well as vehicles that have been delivered to customers.
Yeah i just got a recall notice for my ZTS...something about passanger door latches...meh, ill take it in this week.
lol, should apply to the 2 doors to.

When I brought the car in for the wheel bearing, I also couldnt open my drivers door from the ouside. They lubricated, Free of charge to. Works fine now.

Gawdamn! My wife's ZTW also has the sticking door problem, all around. Will they lube the front doors too? I had just bought a can of Silicone lubricant and was gonna hose them down.

I also had my parking brake cables and hood release cable get stuck too.

WTF did they do!

<sigh> Oh, and the other thing you need to get this done:

-Book a day off work
-RENT a car if you need to do something
-Bring a good book while you wait half a day FOR GAWDAMN RECALL NUMBER damned LIKE 20 FOR ME!!!

WRX is at 58,300 km. Never been in the shop. Ever.
P-51,Nov 30 2005, 01: Wrote:Gawdamn!  My wife's ZTW also has the sticking door problem, all around.  Will they lube the front doors too?
Yes they will, as a 'courtesy'. ;)
Had the recall done on my car on Monday. All they did from what I could see was install two 'guards" on the rear doors above and below the latching mechanism. How that's gonna stop crap from entering & corroding the mechanism is beyond me :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2