FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: X360's Being Sold At A Loss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
xbox 360's are being sold at a loss.

Linky
Can we please stop the X-BOX threads?

Jesus.
Boo hoo, Bill Gates can afford to take the hit, besides they want to beat Sony so they have to do something right? And like teh article says, they figure to make it all back on accesories and games anyways.
any new console is sold at a loss. printers are sold at a loss. Day old donuts are sold at a loss...
I'll sell my sister at a loss
meford4u,Nov 23 2005, 04:05 PM Wrote:I'll sell my sister at a loss
[right][snapback]157343[/snapback][/right]

does she look like you? :ph34r:
meford4u,Nov 23 2005, 05:05 PM Wrote:I'll sell my sister at a loss

hmmm got pics? :D
darkpuppet,Nov 23 2005, 04:10 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 23 2005, 04:05 PM Wrote:I'll sell my sister at a loss

does she look like you? :ph34r:
[right][snapback]157345[/snapback][/right]

This just in....

PWNED. :o
Its funny because any other company would not / could not do what microsoft does. For any other company xbox (1) .. would have been a complete failure.

But microsoft drags on...

PS.. Im pretty sure the ps2's werent sold at a loss. (80+million ps2' sold on the word, there would be some pretty dire circumstances I think if they were sold at anymore then a little of a loss.) ... Plus mr Japanese ceo man there at sony said they would NEVER sell under cost, and thats one of the reasons the ps3 price is going to be higher. He did the same speach when the ps2 came out. That your paying for quality and they wont take a loss blah blah....

Sony also doesnt outsource production, its done all inhouse because they have the means to do it, because of everything else they sell... that adds to it.

Nintendo never did until the gamecube either.
even cellphones are sold at a loss...
When I worked at Toys R Us we got to see all the numbers

Im not sure what the new xboxs go for but the new xbox were about $700. Everytime we sold one we lost so much money. Its all int he games and accessories where we made the money back.

This is such old news. Its like console gaming just came out or something. Its been out for years!!!
on ebay. It seems atlot of people had the idea to resell them

3446 items found in Video Game Systems

They are getting around $750can.

Not a bad scam that I am not involved with. Yet
NEWS FLASH:

THIS JUST IN, DATELINE 6 YEARS AGO:

FORD FOCUS SOLD AT A LOSS ON PURPOSE, COST RECOVERY TO BE OBTAINED BY GHEY MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE AND HIDDEN REPAIRS.

EVEN MORE STARTLING, TO NOBODY WITH A BRAIN, IS THE FACT THAT FORD MAKES THEIR PROFIT FINANCING, LEASING CARS AND OFFERING EXTENDED WARRANTIES WHICH THEY WILL DENY 99 TIMES OUT OF 100.

I think they're sold at a loss, but not that big a loss. Concider the bulk they're buying the parts. Also, where did these people get their numbers? it's not like you can call up IBM and ask "how much is MS paying for your processors?"

That said, overtime it wont be sold at a loss, only in the beginning. Most consoles are sold this way. They're expensive at first because production at the beginnings costs more, it's an unknown as to how many will sell. But the more you sell/buy the cheaper parts become. You're no longer developing new technolgies, you're only trying to develop ways to save. And as the technology matures, it becomes easier to produce (generally), which means cheaper to produce. Which means eventually it wont be sold at a loss.

Bad example, but the past what, 2 years? you could buy a Dell with a flat panel screen for what? $500? those were generally 2.4-2.8 GHz machines. So now concider the xbox is only a 700 MHz? celeron? it's dirty cheap, the parts were probably dirt cheap by for a conciderable amount of time. Take the hit in the beginning, if it's good, you'll make it back over time, and then some.

I think.
Aka,Dec 2 2005, 12:23 PM Wrote:it's not like you can call up IBM and ask "how much is MS paying for your processors?"

It'll be in the sec filings.