FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Why Was This Topic Closed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah i know i'm being a s**t disturber but why was this topic closed?
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=14507

in the rules it does not say anything about it, i dont think he broke any rules.

Clarification in this matter will be appreciated.

Yours Truly

s**t disturber :ph34r:
Quote:The seller should be asking for fair market prices. Any items deemed to be for sale as part of a business transaction, or for the sole purpose of extracting unwarranted profit from the item may have their post pulled or edited by a moderator.

Nuff said.
but he was asking for fair market price and that was a starting price of 470 or something close to that, I know he wants lot more then that, but still. i think its fair

But good find Oscar, I guess i missed that part of it.
mo_focus,Nov 23 2005, 02:01 PM Wrote:but he was asking for fair market price and that was a starting price of 470 or something close to that, I know he wants lot more then that, but still. i think its fair

[right][snapback]157258[/snapback][/right]

Exactly, I dont see a problem if some idiot agrees to the highest bid of $1000 or whatever it may be. They want to pay that much, let em.
I think that if he wants to sell the xbox to the highest bidder let him, but no here. There's other sites for that, namely ebay. I don't think that FC was created so that members could try and gouge people on products of limited availabilty. Just my 2c tho.
habmann,Nov 23 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:I think that if he wants to sell the xbox to the highest bidder let him, but no here. There's other sites for that, namely ebay. I don't think that FC was created so that members could try and gouge people on products of limited availabilty. Just my 2c tho.
[right][snapback]157260[/snapback][/right]

well said.

Actually, yes. We have eBay for a reason.

Sales have historically been first come, first serve, and the notion of a BB makes real-time bidding near impossible. That's not the way you would expect an established member to conduct themseleves, especially as regards other members.

We're here to help each other out in the FS/WTB areas. If you wanna gouge, use eBay. I agree with Puppet on the closing of the topic.

EDIT - and apparently I can read habmann's mind. Freaky :ph34r:
habmann,Nov 23 2005, 01:05 PM Wrote:I think that if he wants to sell the xbox to the highest bidder let him, but no here. There's other sites for that, namely ebay. I don't think that FC was created so that members could try and gouge people on products of limited availabilty. Just my 2c tho.

exactly.

I recently added to the for sale rules, because we should all be friends here. If you want to whore something, do it on ebay, don't try to rip people off here.
darkpuppet,Nov 23 2005, 01:23 PM Wrote:
habmann,Nov 23 2005, 01:05 PM Wrote:I think that if he wants to sell the xbox to the highest bidder let him, but no here. There's other sites for that, namely ebay. I don't think that FC was created so that members could try and gouge people on products of limited availabilty. Just my 2c tho.

exactly.

I recently added to the for sale rules, because we should all be friends here. If you want to whore something, do it on ebay, don't try to rip people off here.
[right][snapback]157265[/snapback][/right]

That is the way it should be, an opportunity to share knowledge and to help each other, not to gouge.
very good points, its good to see everyone in this site tries to help and sort of cover for each other rather then screw each other.

proud of you guys :)

as i said before, i was just trying to stir some s**t. I did agree with puppet in closing the post :). if i was a buyer i wouldnt want to get screwed. Specially on this site. bc we are more like a family here rather then just ppl with the same car.

The problem is that the rules of the for sale forum would prevent people from low-balling or whoring the overpriced item.. if bering wants to, post it in offtopic, and best of luck..
Not another xbox thread :rolleyes:
It might have helped if he set a price, but he didn't he just stated "paid $470 and won't sell for less....highest offer takes it" So basically hoping for a bidding war, and unlike E-bay where you can see the bid, here you would probably just PM somebody and offer and they could just reply that someone has bid higher even if it were not true, just to drive up the price (phantom bidding?). I'm not saying that's what Bering was doing, but the possibility was there. Clearly there is price he wants for it, that price should have been stated in the ad that was placed.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 23 2005, 01:16 PM Wrote:Actually, yes. We have eBay for a reason.

Sales have historically been first come, first serve, and the notion of a BB makes real-time bidding near impossible. That's not the way you would expect an established member to conduct themseleves, especially as regards other members.

We're here to help each other out in the FS/WTB areas. If you wanna gouge, use eBay. I agree with Puppet on the closing of the topic.

EDIT - and apparently I can read habmann's mind. Freaky :ph34r:
[right][snapback]157264[/snapback][/right]

That is freaky, but you know what they say, Great Minds Think Alike. :bowdown:
Twice in one week

NO ONE CARES
Xbox threads make my ass itchy

on that note I just bought an Xbox180 from someone at work

NICE
meford4u,Nov 23 2005, 03:38 PM Wrote:Twice in one week

NO ONE CARES
[right][snapback]157324[/snapback][/right]

things your wife says when you say you're horny.
darkpuppet,Nov 23 2005, 09:48 PM Wrote:

NO ONE CARES

[right][snapback]157356[/snapback][/right]

BA-zing
darkpuppet,Nov 23 2005, 04:48 PM Wrote:

NO ONE CARES

[right][snapback]157356[/snapback][/right]

She comes to me. And I have a wife.

And your dating who?
all this fuss over a Core system pack!! Microsoft is loving the idiots that bought the core system!! so much more money to be made off of the core packs then the value packs.
Pages: 1 2