FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ms Quality Strikes Again..xbox360 Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
go figure, there are reports of xbox360 crashing in certain games, and rendering live useless....

some pics provided by Adam..

clicky here

My bet is that developers weren't used to all the threads being used when developing, and it's probably causing data corruption during runtime...

the new era of multi-threaded apps!
darkpuppet,Nov 23 2005, 10:57 AM Wrote:go figure, there are reports of xbox360 crashing in certain games, and rendering live useless....

some pics provided by Adam..

clicky here

My bet is that developers weren't used to all the threads being used when developing, and it's probably causing data corruption during runtime...

the new era of multi-threaded apps!
[right][snapback]157213[/snapback][/right]

BAHAHHAHA!!!! :rofl:

I wonder if Hyper-Theading was involved... :ph34r:

Just kidding... but that's just too typical of MS. What's next, a flaw in Live that allows 409ers to send spam from your 360?
microwned
crazikev,Nov 23 2005, 05:31 PM Wrote:microwned
[right][snapback]157365[/snapback][/right]

:o
if just games from EA it figures it would crash.
Hey, launch glitches are inevitable. Or are we all conviently forgetting the Focus'es pile of problems in the first few model years? :D

In any event, as long as the users have the HD version of the Xbox360, help is a patch away. Core only system owners? Not So Much :ph34r:

NefCanuck
That's twice now that I've seen a console crash and both times it's been a Microsoft product.

Laterz :)
not to mention be recalled K OS...... my brother's XBOX was recalled twice in 2 years.
There'll be a patch for this, and this patch will be free and innocuous. The problem is that later functionality will be rendered useless by said patch, and the patch to patch the patch will cost you. Nevermind the phone support costs that MS is famous for.

:lol:
1) It could just be the guys playing their consoles for hours and hours and hours and days straight. (ie: overheating, while still bad design, I could see how it could happen)

2) This is to be expected with a 1.0. I imagine the number is low, because only those complaining will be on the net, the rest will be playing theirs.

3) I've crashed a PS2, an SNES, and a PSX, and seen pictures of others crashed.
so it does appear that at least some of the crashes are related to overheating of the power cube. i guess 360 owners can't hide all their cables behind the entertainment unit any more.
Aka,Nov 25 2005, 09:01 PM Wrote:1) It could just be the guys playing their consoles for hours and hours and hours and days straight. (ie: overheating, while still bad design, I could see how it could happen)

2) This is to be expected with a 1.0. I imagine the number is low, because only those complaining will be on the net, the rest will be playing theirs.

3) I've crashed a PS2, an SNES, and a PSX, and seen pictures of others crashed.
[right][snapback]157744[/snapback][/right]

Wow! how do you crash a SNES!
playing Donkey Kong country I think. Don't remember how, it just went funky, reset and it was fine.

Edit: Oh, and Radical Psycho Machine Racing.
I've got a friend with one here at the office... he's not that enthused. Neither is Oscar, who got to play it this weekend.

They don't have the games that have caused the crashes so far, but still... the resounding sentiment is HDTV = good, SDTV = bad for graphics and overall happy happy joy joy-feelings.
it's not certain games, it's the power cube overheating. Solution, raise it off teh ground.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 28 2005, 07:29 PM Wrote:I've got a friend with one here at the office... he's not that enthused. Neither is Oscar, who got to play it this weekend.

They don't have the games that have caused the crashes so far, but still... the resounding sentiment is HDTV = good, SDTV = bad for graphics and overall happy happy joy joy-feelings.
[right][snapback]158076[/snapback][/right]

its true, on a regular tv, its pretty regular..just like xbox before.

But i got to see one hooked up to a hdtv...WOW. Its pretty good, and the surround sound was spot on.
Well that's almost a "duh". It's all about resolution.
Aka,Nov 28 2005, 08:07 PM Wrote:Well that's almost a "duh". It's all about resolution.
[right][snapback]158088[/snapback][/right]

Well no, alot of people saying that the game play was out of this world and stuff. Not that much better.

There is no point in buying this unless you already have an HDTV, otherwards its a waste of 600 bucks.
That's true. I also imagine they haven't really tapped it's potential. MS generally has good devkits (apparently), but I still think it'll be a while till we see something truely amazing, and yeah, even then, only on HDTV probably.
This is where I say "why am I not surprised".

This is, potentially, the most overblown launch of anything in the history of entertainment.

The number of disappointed 8-year olds with SDTVs is going to be into the hundreds of thousands. I wonder how many families end up in trouble after buying the HDTV they "need" for their son's / daughter's new 360 because "it looks like crap on our old TV"?

Before you laugh it off, think about it. There's already going to be a massive upswing of people "upgrading" to support the eye candy these things can crank out. Can the average Joe 6-pack's wallet handle the strain?
Pages: 1 2