FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cel Code Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i got my first CEL the other day, and i'm wondering if anyone knows where i can rent/borrow the code reader.

The car drives fine, but i've noticed that it does take awhile before it heats up, and the lil temp guage doesn't move that much. Would a bad thermostat cause a CEL?

If thats what's causing the CEL I'd rather not pay a mechanic to fix something that i could fix myself.

Thanks guys.
Sounds like an 02 sensor...
do a gauge test and find out, i know somewhere on this site there are directions to how to read CEL

basically hold on to the tripodometer reset button while starting the car, once the car started wait for a sec and then click on the button until u see DTC and then click once more to show u the codes.

Sorry i cant go to details bc i'm at work and running around, but if u read the site or do a search you will find more details

Also on top of the page. Sticky on Focus talk does give you all the codes.
I have a code reader if you are willing drive up to Maple.
dBlast,Nov 21 2005, 07:11 PM Wrote:I have a code reader if you are willing drive up to Maple.
[right][snapback]157062[/snapback][/right]

Thanx, a lil farther than i have time to drive these days.
911 - time to visit the dealer :P

The odometer hack is a great way to get the codes without tools.

Turn car off. Hold down trip odo reset button. Start car. Keep button pressed until gauges do a full sweep and the trip odo begins flashing.

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=13

There's all the codes.
Took the car to my mechanic today, turns out the gas cap was shot, so its replaced now, just gotta reset the computer to clear the CEL.

The car still won't heat up tho, so i think i'm gonna pick up a new thermostat and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks for the ideas guys
if your in toronto, i'll read your code for you.
SLIP STREAM SVT,Nov 23 2005, 07:52 AM Wrote:if your in toronto, i'll read your code for you.
[right][snapback]157184[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the offer, i got the code read yesterday, see my last post.