FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Investment Planning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00. With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00. With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left. But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of Beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00. Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle. It's called the 401-Keg Plan.
Hahah, and by drinking lots of beer it keeps me with a job at the Beer Store. Everyone gains under this plan.

And even better if you buy the buck a beer instead of the more expensive stuff you'll get more money back.
I saw the thread name and thought brooks was selling something again. ha!
:lol: I clicked the link hoping to find some better investments available.
so who wants to go halfs with me on 1000$ worth of beer? :P
tdot-zx3,Nov 20 2005, 11: Wrote:I saw the thread name and thought brooks was selling something again. ha!
[right][snapback]156909[/snapback][/right]

Me Too!!!! :lol: :lol:
I drank nearly $11,000 of beer last year... but I was a foolish investor, I drank it out of pint glasses. I got nothing back...

but my beer gut is mighty impressive
Thus the reason I drink copious amounts of beer at all times.
But where do you stash the empties? I saw not one while we were there for the BBQ...

not that I'd raid your stash or anything :rolleyes:
The wife made me clean the gargae before the bbq.

There was a wall of empties there the day before. I bought all the supplies with the return moneys.
There was a guy doing some winter cleaning of his cottage a few weeks ago at the beer store....

I guess they never brought back the empties at the cottage. This guy had his van trunk full to the roof of empties....and get this.....he had a uhaul trailer that was full of empties also. :blink: :o

He got back $100 and some change. :lol:

EDIT: All were Old Milwaukee :puke:
I should insure my beer gut... don't want anything to happen to my investment!
I guess a few here have an investment plan that "goes up in smoke" on occaision? They should stick to investing in aluminium futures.

Speaking off, beer cans have been a 5 cent return as long as I remember. I think it is about time it went up a few cents.
I agree, the price of empties should reflect todays market. :lol:
2001 ZTS,Nov 21 2005, 11:58 AM Wrote:I guess a few here have an investment plan that "goes up in smoke" on occaision? They should stick to investing in aluminium futures.

Speaking off, beer cans have been a 5 cent return as long as I remember. I think it is about time it went up a few cents.
[right][snapback]156972[/snapback][/right]

Agree.

My soporo cans should be worth atleast 50 cents a shot. there is a ton of aluminum in those heavy duty cans.,
store your empties in bubble's shed
It's not even funny!

I bought $3600 of stock in JDS Uniphase, Nortel, Bombardier and Ford in 2001. I finally gave up and sold it all, I got about $800.

In that time, I think I bought a total of 4-5 cases of beer.

Definitely wasted my money on the stocks. :(
P-51,Nov 21 2005, 05: Wrote:It's not even funny!

I bought $3600 of stock in JDS Uniphase, Nortel, Bombardier and Ford in 2001.  I finally gave up and sold it all, I got about $800.

In that time, I think I bought a total of 4-5 cases of beer.

Definitely wasted my money on the stocks. :(
[right][snapback]157043[/snapback][/right]

Damn, talk about getting owned. :(
The thing with stocks, is that you should only invest in the markets you know a LOT in... you should be an expert of the company's products, and research their market place...

or get someone to help you out.
Should have invested that $1000 in Google when they had their IPO, pretty sure $3000 in beer is better then #1000 ;)