FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night with some friends (We're the crazy type who make costumes and the like for the movie, just so you know ;) )

The movie at 2h45m is long, but was so well edited that the movie never felt that long. I remember reading the book and going "They're gonna need to trim some major flab from this when it gets filmed" and they succeeded for the most part (A few things got cut for time, no Dursleys torture scene fer instance)

The main actors (Radcliffe, Grint and Watson - Harry, Ron & Hermione respectively) truly own these roles now. To see anyone else doing their parts will be a major upheaval (They're all signed for the fifth movie BTW) Several other actors parts were really minimized, Alan Rickman as an example, but he makes the most of his screen time, chewing up the scenery with relish :lol:

The tone of the movie is the darkest yet, as befitting the book that spawned it, don't take young children in there expecting The Philospher's Stone type stuff (Though there is one scene in the movie that got the audience roaring, those who've read the book will know what I mean)

A great movie for Potter fans, and even if you aren't and have never seen any of the other movies, I think you'll be entertained as well.

Two big thumbs up

NefCanuck
lol yeah I saw it too, I took my nephews to see it, they loved it as they are harry potter junkies too.... I have to admit I really though the movie was done rather well, and the critics were right in it being a bit more darker then the last one.
NefCanuck,Nov 19 2005, 10:57 PM Wrote:(We're the crazy type who make costumes and the like for the movie, just so you know ;) )

[right][snapback]156791[/snapback][/right]

Wow, I have never lost so much respect for another human being as I have just now.
2001 ZTS,Nov 20 2005, 09:23 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Nov 19 2005, 10:57 PM Wrote:(We're the crazy type who make costumes and the like for the movie, just so you know ;) )

Wow, I have never lost so much respect for another human being as I have just now.
[right][snapback]156814[/snapback][/right]

LOL BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

*GASP* *CHOKE* HAHAHHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHA
I hope to see the movie soon. Am going into regina November 26(1 day before my b-day) to spend some time with my sisters,... but i think i'll be a little to..... yea to watch any movies, none the less at the theater. HAHA!

Any ways. yea happy harry's :P
2001 ZTS,Nov 20 2005, 09:23 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]156814[/snapback][/right]

You had respect for me? :rofl: Oh dear...

You think that's bad? I dare you to Google the following: Pimp Daddy Miroku (WARNING: Not responsible for any loss or damage owing to spilled drinks or lost food)

NefCanuck