FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Car Alarm/starter Yah Or Nah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As am I currently considering getting a car starter. was also looking at an alarm not for the theft of car but to know when my car is being broken into, like my driveway at night for someone stealing my stereo, and the pager unit to let me know when I'm at work and can't hear it.

Discuss......
Phantom,Nov 18 2005, 07:33 PM Wrote:As am I currently considering getting a car starter. was also looking at an alarm not for the theft of car but to know when my car is being broken into, like my driveway at night for someone stealing my stereo, and the pager unit to let me know when I'm at work and can't hear it.

Discuss......
[right][snapback]156657[/snapback][/right]

I dunno, I'd stick with just an alarm starter combo. Unless yer planning on going all "vigilante justice" if you're close enough when the car pages you that its being broken into.

You really wanna play vigilante that bad only to have the jackass breaking into your car pull a Glock or something an drill you? Let them have the car :ph34r:

NefCanuck
get the pager alarm........and some type of awsome weapon to inflict pain........car alarms are pretty useless i think........it is just a false sense of security, if someone wants your car they will take it.....but on the other hand you do look pretty cool when your car makes the after market alarm whoop whoop noise when you lock or unlock it! i love that noise!

get it!
If you go for any alarm, don't install those ones that make the same noise as an amusment park, they are not only annoying but really no one will come to your car's aid in the event of theft or a break in.

If anything have your dealership get you an alarm as it will use the same remotes that came with your car. In the case like my mom's 95 Mustang, they set it all up to the car's system making it more annoying for a would be theif, as the horn would be involved, and resulting in the thieft being locked into the car and no way to start the car with out the remote as it had a kill switch, and only the keys or remote was required to turn off the system.
If you are going to do, buy a better one, not a $50 one. I have the Clifford Matrix RSX3.5 and it is awesome.

David
Get the pager alarm, starter or not. I love mine and you won't regret it. And by the looks of it, many other members use similar systems on their cars (when we all threw our keys in for the bonus prize after the "poker run")

*I didn't dare throw mine in, I keep the pager in my pocket, not connected to the keys :lol:

Oh, and i'm running a Viper. Pretty much anything from Directed Electronics is a good overall choice. If you are interested, my cousin is a Python Dealer and he can help you make the decision a little better. He also typically sells NuStart.
I have a Compustar Remote/Starter alarmwith the 2 way pager. I love it. I got mine at Audio Warehouse(yorkton) but I'm sure Regina store would give you a good deal.
With the theft rate in our two city it is well worth the money and convience of getting in a warm car during our cold SK winters.