FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Twin Loop Exhaust?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey whats this all about.
OBX Mugen Style Twin Loop Exhaust Muffler

Ebay
It's not coming up, man.

Maybe it refers to the number of passes the exhaust gas makes inside the muffler??? :huh:
From what i could find(real quick) is that at idle it is real quiet (like stock), but at higher idle it forces the exhaust through the loop giving you a muffled yet sporty sound :unsure:

Also adds 2x to the rice meter on domestics :lol: :lol: (jus jokes)
SL8RZZX3,Nov 18 2005, 04:19 PM Wrote:From what i could find(real quick) is that at idle it is real quiet (like stock), but at higher idle it forces the exhaust through the loop giving you a muffled yet sporty sound  :unsure:

Also adds 2x to the rice meter on domestics  :lol:  :lol: (jus jokes)
[right][snapback]156588[/snapback][/right]

It's about making something that looks "cool" and "different" with no real technical benefit.

It appears to me that the idea is to loop the exhaust twice through the glasspack core, thus doubling the sound absorption for a given muffler *length*.

If you ask me, it's a lot more efficient (Both in terms of gas flow, and cost) to you a single straight pass through a core that is twice as long.
No biggie. I figured its not worth it from the start. Just couldnt figure the whole back pipe out..