FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ontario Dyno Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, I'm probably not much more than a topic-starter here, but seeing as the "club" has found some new direction of late... let's get a serious dyno day happening in the spring.

Yes, I borged my own idea from Mitch's thread. :rolleyes:

We'll need:

- A venue.

- A sponsor (or several smaller sponsors).

- A roll call for COMMITTED members, but this doesn't single out the married ones or the mentally infirm.

- A pricing scheme - ex. $50 gets you two pulls, one on each day. All first pulls are made in the morning, and tuning will be done on the Saturday evening. A second round of pulls Sunday verifies / vindicates the tuning. Tuning is not a pre-requisite for 2 pulls. Hopefully tuning deals are offered by the site sponsor with the dyno.

- Food and drink. Hopefully the sponsors are able to cover some of it, but we could delegate responsible members for supplying food / drink. Alternately, that could be the "fee" - bringing proper food / drink (case of water / pop, box of frozen burgers, hot dogs, etc).

- Video / digital still coverage of the event. This allows us to properly recognize our sponsors' efforts as well as give us something to crow about. Sponsors would be given full copies of the media created, and we could sell copies to the members for a low rate above cost to support the site and other G2Gs.

So, how about it? I'm willing to "rally the North", and I'd even flog Stockfish to be a sponsor. There could also be a "detail day" offshoot as well, to give those waiting in line for a pull a chance to shine up their cars for the requisite photo shoots afterward.

A cruise could even take place Sunday night.

Discuss.

EDIT - BTW, this isn't a dig at any past successes or failures... just a desire for a killer weekend.
hey, i think i'd most likely be in for this one if i can get time off work. And thinking of work, i can try and get the body shop portion of my work to sponsor, maybe throw in a few detailing products as give aways or make a prize pack and such. Just a suggestion, what about getting other cars, maybe even clubs involved? Could cut down on costs and such. Cause i know a few people from sudbury who don't drive focus's who would most likely be in for a dyno pull. But, this is still far away, and just shooting ideas and saying i'll most likely make it out.

Edit: Another suggestion, how about if you pull you get like a free hot dog and drink (tickets) or something like that
Actually, I have the perfect fundraiser - 50/50 tickets. The club's half could cover out-of-pocket expenses, etc. if need be. Otherwise, it could go into an event "slush fund" or something.

Works every Wednesday during the summer for the North Bay Cruisers... I even won once last summer :D
I say we put something together at DaSilva Racing in Scrabourgh we might be able to get two pulls with air/fuel
Your uncle's at DaSilva Racing, right?

How much room is there for a whack of Focuses? Can we get around easily enough to park here and there, get to the dyno bay entrance and then back to another spot on the lot?
I say we do it at Tapp Auto in Ottawa.

Wait, that is where Im doing it.
Sure!

Seriously, I'd go the 4 hours to Ottawa for a great weekend. We have family there, so lodging isn't an issue.

How big is it Nate? Will it handle a FC.net onslaught of Foci? *ducks from Puppet's wrath*

I don't care where we throw it, as long as there's adequate facilities for a large number of participants, and there's ample space adjacent or near to the dyno locale for a BBQ and cleanup detail.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 18 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:Sure!

Seriously, I'd go the 4 hours to Ottawa for a great weekend. We have family there, so lodging isn't an issue.

How big is it Nate? Will it handle a FC.net onslaught of Foci? *ducks from Puppet's wrath*

I don't care where we throw it, as long as there's adequate facilities for a large number of participants, and there's ample space adjacent or near to the dyno locale for a BBQ and cleanup detail.
[right][snapback]156570[/snapback][/right]

Doesn't matter to me. My sister lives in Ottawa and I've got an old friend of mine in Toronto.
Flofocus,Nov 18 2005, 10:20 AM Wrote:I say we do it at Tapp Auto in Ottawa.

Wait, that is where Im doing it.
[right][snapback]156567[/snapback][/right]

me 2!

Maybe I should state that I will be having some tuning done at this shop sometime this winter. Not necessarily travelling to Ottawa for a dyno day.

My brother in law lives in Orleans.

I'm in.

No dyno though.
Sent an email to Tapp to see if they do these kind of events....
Im in too...but no dyno as well...
WTF... what's with the "no dyno" guys?

Just curious.

And Nate, thanks for sending the email :)
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 18 2005, 02:55 PM Wrote:WTF... what's with the "no dyno" guys?

Just curious.
[right][snapback]156625[/snapback][/right]

My car is stored... :ph34r:
focusonthis_88,Nov 18 2005, 03:53 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 18 2005, 02:55 PM Wrote:WTF... what's with the "no dyno" guys?

Just curious.
[right][snapback]156625[/snapback][/right]

My car is stored... :ph34r:
[right][snapback]156635[/snapback][/right]

So is mine, Im asking for March/April timeframe.....
I'm shooting for no earlier than the end of April here guys... this isn't for now, this is for next spring, as mentioned in the first post.

Now, where were we? Ah yes, venues and ideas for events. :D
ANTHONYD,Nov 18 2005, 01:58 PM Wrote:My brother in law lives in Orleans.

[right][snapback]156611[/snapback][/right]

Orleans to? Jeeze.....Im probably right down the street to.
I will be in need of a Tune come the spring so I'm definitely in wherever it may be!!!!
So will I... well less of a need and more of a want, but it's in the cards.

Rather, trying to get to tuning via an X-Cal 2.
There won't be any tuning done at a Dyno Day. It's strictly getting on the Dyno and running the snot out of your car.
I need tuning. So I need to take care of that first before I step up to a Dyno Day.
I can't commit to a Dyno Day without knowing the location.
So more details and I would be interested.
Pages: 1 2