FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: We Bitch About The Focus, But...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ouch, year of the recall for Ford. I wonder how many fell off before the recall was issued?
:lol: :lol: - Ford quality job #1 :angry:
So your saying this isnt as bad as the recal for the wheel bearing, you know, preventing your wheel from falling off.....or...or...the battery cable recall where your engine could catch on fire...or...or...the front suspension recall incase your spring breaks and who knows what could happen!!

:lol:

Sure am glad I'm driving a safe vehicle. :P :lol: :lol:
Hahahaha back in August we had a white five-hundred burn up in the service bay at Discovery Ford in Burlington...$11,000 damage and they fixed it and still sold it for only $5,000 off the list price!!

microbunny,Nov 16 2005, 05:48 PM Wrote:Hahahaha back in August we had a white five-hundred burn up in the service bay at Discovery Ford in Burlington...$11,000 damage and they fixed it and still sold it for only $5,000 off the list price!!

[right][snapback]156247[/snapback][/right]

THATS CROOKED!
Flofocus,Nov 16 2005, 12:35 PM Wrote:So your saying this isnt as bad as the recal for the wheel bearing, you know, preventing your wheel from falling off.....or...or...the battery cable recall where your engine could catch on fire...or...or...the front suspension recall incase your spring breaks and who knows what could happen!!

Sure am glad I'm driving a safe vehicle.  :P  :lol:  :lol:
[right][snapback]156246[/snapback][/right]

Shades of the GM pickups that had to have the ugly cross-brace welded in to keep their gas tanks from crumpling like cans of Pepsi...

I'd rather have busted springs and a replacement fuel sender over playing Russian Roulette with my gas tank :D
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 16 2005, 02:04 PM Wrote:Shades of the GM pickups that had to have the ugly cross-brace welded in to keep their gas tanks from crumpling like cans of Pepsi...

I'd rather have busted springs and a replacement fuel sender over playing Russian Roulette with my gas tank :D
[right][snapback]156254[/snapback][/right]

lol, lets ask JAYS200ZX3 what he'd rather have as a recall Item!! :lol: ;)

I sure am glad Ford Canada sent me all the Recall letters before the car killed me! :lol:

Obviously your missing the point Adam, which is...

Generally, the focus isn't ANY better than any Ford product. Your dreaming if you think so!
I'm speaking from personal experience, as are we all and that should be ALL we're speaking from when supporting a particular car. I never had to go through a Focus burning to the ground, and yes I heard about Jay's incident.

Jeez dood...
This problem isn't that huge, the risk of both straps breaking is very very low. That's the only way you would get a fuel leak b/c one strap will hold a gas tank. Seem it done many times before, jesus even a peice of rope will, seen that to. They caught it early and get 2 new straps where your straps might be just fine. It's not a big issue, my god anything these days on a car can cause a fire risk.

There are no injuries to report from this problem and it's a simple fix, 2 straps will take the average mechanic an hour to change, might even be less plus this is a supplier problem, ford don't make straps.
well it's good they are are recalling the cars just to be safe like Honda did with it's 2006 Civic, but yeah for ford of north america it's not a good thing when they have been advertizing the car as safe, relible yadda yadda yadda...............
weeather rustang fuckus or otherwise....they're all built by the same people.
Frost__2001,Nov 16 2005, 03:47 PM Wrote:well it's good they are are recalling the cars just to be safe like Honda did with it's 2006 Civic, but yeah for ford of north america it's not a good thing when they have been advertizing the car as safe, relible yadda yadda yadda...............
[right][snapback]156275[/snapback][/right]

Everyone touts thier vehicles as reliable and have all kinds of problems so what makes ford so different. This is the first big recall for any one of ford newly launched vehicles from the mustang,f150,new explorer etc...
I also found out only 4500 straps were bad and the supplier switched the materials used to build the strap without telling anyone. So to be safe ford is recalling all the vehicles even though about 2250 cars are affected not 127000 of them. Thanks to a stupid supplier ford is stuck fittin the bill.
Well i found out what happended with this recall
http://www.katu.com/consumernews/story.asp?ID=81191

Vehicle that found to have the problem has a ford five hundred test vehicle with 100,000 miles on it. Supplier switched to lower grade of steel also so that's why it happended. To be safe they recalled all of them to replace the straps, now that is a "PROPERLY" recalled vehicle.
Ford is so s**t!!!
MAlby7,Nov 17 2005, 09:09 PM Wrote:Ford is so s**t!!!
[right][snapback]156541[/snapback][/right]

For whatever Ford tries to do they fark it up. For any Ford product the initial concept, initial production and initial roll out always seems to be a positive thing which means the people at the bottom and middle of the totem poll are holding up their end and work with what they are given and do a good job of it but it sure seems like the upper end always makes costly and damging decisions that appear "down the road".

They need to Jihad all upper managers at Ford.

Mark my word that in time; the new Mustang, Fusion, hybrids are and should be a huge sucess but down the road some scandal or whatever, based on a bad decision at the top will make one or more of them a 21st Century Pinto. Damn shame.

It's a FACT that top management screwed up the Focus North American experience.

Fire all the Ford upper managers and transfer in EVERYONE in upper management from Ford Europe to Ford NA! It looks like it is working for Daimler-Chrysler?
Holy crap. Andrew actually knows the ins and outs of Ford. I wish other people understood this, but these fawkers fawk up everything by "controlled cost cutting". The engineers develop a great product, we produce a great product, they fawk up a great product. Welcome to Ford.
meford4u,Nov 18 2005, 10:24 PM Wrote:Holy crap.  Andrew actually knows the ins and outs of Ford.  I wish other people understood this,[right][snapback]156683[/snapback][/right]

I know much and undertand much more ;)
meford4u,Nov 18 2005, 10:24 PM Wrote:Holy crap.  Andrew actually knows the ins and outs of Ford.  I wish other people understood this, but these fawkers fawk up everything by "controlled cost cutting".  The engineers develop a great product, we produce a great product, they fawk up a great product.  Welcome to Ford.
[right][snapback]156683[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately the only thing that this effects in the long run is sales and right now Ford can't afford to loose sales to anybody.

Laterz :)
i still wish my focus got torched and i got full money back instead of having to take the massive depreciation hit