FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Martin Streek Of 102.1 Fame Found Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is a sad day in Toronto Radio history. I have listened to Martin since I was a teenager and attended many of his club nights. RIP my friend.

Quote:Former Toronto radio host, popular alt-rock DJ Martin Streek dead at 45

TORONTO — Former Toronto radio host and popular alt-rock DJ Martin Streek has died.

He was 45.

Former colleagues at the Edge 102.1 say Streek passed away Monday.

Streek developed a strong following as the former host of the station's countdown show and for his live broadcasts from local clubs.

He worked at the Edge for about 20 years, but was let go earlier this year.
He used to go to high school with me and we'd bump into eachother every once in a while over the years at clubs and other events. I even had an on air banter with him on CFNY talking about those days. I have a recording of it on cassette somewhere. Last saw him at a reunion in 07.
RIP

p.s. I wonder what Adrean would think about it.
It's sad when someone takes their own life -- I feel for his family and friends.

That being said, He's lucky he doesn't have to put up with all the Michael Jackson hoopla anymore...
RIP Martin Streak. I used to see him quite often when I used to work at 218 Yonge Street. Also one of my good friend Neil used to work at CFNY and knew him too.