FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Track Rotors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

do any of you know of a good track brake rotor?

we race a honda prelude si and are constantly braking rotors like front right every other night.

so we switched from stock Honda to BARE slotted and drilled and tried EBC rotors but both broke in practice and don't hold up as well as the stock honda.

Jmountney1,Jul 7 2009, 01:11 PM Wrote:do any of you know of a good track brake rotor?

we race a honda prelude si and are constantly braking rotors like front right every other night.

so we switched from stock Honda to BARE slotted and drilled and tried EBC rotors but both broke in practice and don't hold up as well as the stock honda.
[right][snapback]290755[/snapback][/right]

I'd say Brembo just because of their reputation ... but if you're breaking stock rotors and EBC rotors it sounds like another problem ... where exactly are they breaking?
ZTWsquared,Jul 7 2009, 06:18 PM Wrote:
Jmountney1,Jul 7 2009, 01:11 PM Wrote:do any of you know of a good track brake rotor?

I'd say Brembo just because of their reputation ... but if you're breaking stock rotors and EBC rotors it sounds like another problem ... where exactly are they breaking?
[right][snapback]290763[/snapback][/right]

when the rotor brakes ur left with what looks like a wheel spacer.

what brand of brembo
Give these a shot
R1 Concepts
Jmountney1,Jul 8 2009, 09:35 AM Wrote:

what brand of brembo
[right][snapback]290791[/snapback][/right]

Well first off I would forget about the drilled rotors and I would also want to make sure you're not overtorqueing the wheel nuts.

A friend of mine races a fully-prepped BMW M6 (older one) and he uses just about the cheapest rotors he can find and he's never had a problem with braking (or breaking) ... so I'd say go with the Brembo blanks - depending on what year your car is they can be relatively inexpensive.

Or you might want to try the cheapest ebay rotor you can find and see how that works for you - based on the experience of my BMW friend I'm thinking of doing that myself.
ZTWsquared,Jul 8 2009, 04:34 PM Wrote:
Jmountney1,Jul 8 2009, 09:35 AM Wrote:

what brand of brembo
[right][snapback]290791[/snapback][/right]

Well first off I would forget about the drilled rotors and I would also want to make sure you're not overtorqueing the wheel nuts.

A friend of mine races a fully-prepped BMW M6 (older one) and he uses just about the cheapest rotors he can find and he's never had a problem with braking (or breaking) ... so I'd say go with the Brembo blanks - depending on what year your car is they can be relatively inexpensive.

Or you might want to try the cheapest ebay rotor you can find and see how that works for you - based on the experience of my BMW friend I'm thinking of doing that myself.
[right][snapback]290799[/snapback][/right]

we are not overtorqueing are wheels, the problem is the older honda lots of other preludes brake rotors commonly in this type of racing.

im just asking what would be a good rotor to use.

we were going to go with the brembo blanks but they just a factory replacement.

KVR products? they seems to be OK