FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pontiac G6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any one know any one with one.

I been looking into a G6 GTP (240HP 6speed). Want to try and trade the focus in for one. I think there pretty sweet cars.

2" drop, some nice rims, upgrade the lights to HID and I think it would be a nice looking car.
*smashes head off desk till bleeding profusely, falls over*

That's what I think of GM's new product line. It'll either handle like a cow on crack or an overly-drugged cow... depending on the steering gear and suspension setup. I had the world's most skittish Pursuit last week... a white-knuckler if there ever was one. Never again.

For that kind of cash... go get a SRT-4 and stay away from the Stage 3 turbo upgrades... they void your warranty. Stages 1 and 2 do not. Plus, the SRT-4 comes with a LSD if memory serves correctly. You get one Wheel O Peel © with the G6.

AHAHAHAHA - they're charging for the "upgrade" to the manual tranmission - PWNED by Pontiac! BAHAHAHHAHAHAH!
My boss's son has one. Swears by it. Lucky bastard. However I always thought they would be a "girl's" car.
G6 GTP is damn sweet, 3.9L V6 with 240hp and 240 ft. lbs in that class of a car is damn nice.

Pricey, but nice.
I don't like em and I'd take your car Jay in a fraction of a second before a G6.
They seem alright, but what the price of a GTP? I'm willing to bet there are some better 2 door sports cars out there for the same money.
I think the g6 looks like every other pontiac (or namely, cavalier) on the road in the past 10 years...

to each their own of course, but the only difference between the G6 and poop, is that poop doesn't come in blue.

of course, it may have a stink load of power, and i'm sure the insurance is cheap... just not sure how you're going to keep the GF/MOM/GRANDMA from stealing it for their own personal use.
Umm... considering the state of your Focus, you must be crazy to get rid of it or even consider getting rid of it.
http://www.generalmotors.ca/english/vehicl...g6_mode_06.html

Starts at 30k. Not too bad, but think you can still get passed by 4 door Altimas :(
Nice car but they price out at like 44K with all the nice options. Too many other good cars in that price range to make it worth that sort of money.

It's a nice car though.

EDIT: Hell for the money get a 2yr old IS300 mine went back off lease with 60,000KM and the buy out was only $26K.
G6 is nice but make sure you go drive other cars in that range. ;)
I made a vow never to buy new again, never to buy into the hype of a new car especially domestics...
Way too many other nice cars for the price of one of those.

Keep looking Jay.
hardk0re,Nov 14 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:I made a vow never to buy new again, never to buy into the hype of a new car especially domestics...
[right][snapback]155869[/snapback][/right]

There's a very smart man right here!!!

When you can save up to 20% (or more in some cases) by purchasing a 1 year old car with probably around 10k in mileage for example, oh yeah. Some companies, Volvo for instance actually tacks on another year of warranty and doubles the original mileage warranty on their certified used cars.

Another 'not wise choice' all the time is buying a brand new first year model of a new car. Chances are they will be bugged out and by the car's second year of production, they usually have most of the problems fixed.
Jay, nice car, but stick with yours, or like adam said, go with the srt-4 or something along those lines. Yes, the power in them is awsome, my neighbour has one, and it pulls. But the srt-4 can probably kick it's ass, especially with a stage 2. But the looks, not bad, but not the greatest as it has been told. And s2, best thing if you want a good used car (at least in my experience) Try car auctions, we just picked up a 01 Grand Am GT, mint everything for just under 5k. It has 218K km on it tho, but it's a Toronto car lol
Thing is. I allready checked out Honda, Nissan, you name it. No one wants the focus. Only dealor who will take it is Pontiac or Ford dealor since there owned by the same guy.

This leads me back to one of the main reasons why I got the focus in the first place. No one well give me a loan. Even thow I have proven myself I can make my payments. The main thing that got my attention was they can put me on a 7 year loan and get my payments cheaper then the focus with a sweet interset rate. Cant remember what he said but it would be close to what my focus is. 0.3%.

Cant get that with any other dealor becuase they just go threw Royal Bank and interest with them sucks.

Plus I would never drive a Neon if I was paid to drive it. Stupidist car ever made fast or not. Bugs me when ppl buy an SRT-4 slap rims on it and claim it as heavily modded. Its stock..

Only way I could by a used car is if I have money. Only way to get money is to sell the focus. Personally I gave up on it and t want to get rid of it. Trading it in is the easiest route.
I would rather be killed driving a Ford than be caught dead driving a GM.
winnipegkevin,Nov 14 2005, 11:06 PM Wrote:I would rather be killed driving a Ford than be caught dead driving a GM.
[right][snapback]155936[/snapback][/right]

Planning to travel to Toronto anytime soon? :D

NefCanuck
The day i ever drive a GM as my own car, id probably jump in front of a moving 18 wheeler and that be it.
Its a car! They all suck. They all have probs. Dont matter who you go with
Pages: 1 2