FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Post Count Resetting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since we've been doing a lot of cleaning up and whatnot around the site here, I've been debating doing a forum post recount to further clean up some of the old mess.

What this means?

it'll reflect your true post count on the site.
the posts counted for each forum and for the entire site will reflect what's currently stored in the database instead of the ongoing, and innacurrate count.
it will give a true indication of your current contribution to the site.
there will be no change in your status (active members remain active members, locals remain locals, noobs remain noobs)

on the downside, it also means that most people's post counts will decline, with possibly only scooba steve to benefit.

I want to do this to reset things to where we currently stand, and get everyone on equal footing.

If you have a problem with this, please speak up now, or forever hold your peace.
Well I guess I better start posting some stuff before that happens to make it to 1000.
love the idea

reset everyones post count. How could some one that its been here for a year have like 600000000 posts, dammmmm whores

i've been a member since the begining and only have like 400 post.

so go for it :D:D:D:D
Do it!

But leave Scoob at -3000... :D
So basically what you mean is that post from since you signed up on this site (whenever that was) that are 'technically based' will still count but off topic junk will be removed from your overall total?

Or do you mean your resetting everyone's post counts to zero. If your doing that, I don't like that idea.

I love the idea of removing the 'off topic' totals off the current total post counts people have.
I'm for it.
S2,Nov 14 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:So basically what you mean is that post from since you signed up on this site (whenever that was) that are 'technically based' will still count but off topic junk will be removed from your overall total?

Or do you mean your resetting everyone's post counts to zero.  If your doing that, I don't like that idea.

I love the idea of removing the 'off topic' totals off the current total post counts people have.
[right][snapback]155728[/snapback][/right]

basically your post count would reflect all of your current posts in the forums (not counting those that don't count towards your total post count). If you posted in a tech forum, or focus talk, that post is most likely guaranteed to be counted.

If you posted in for sale last year, that post won't be there, and won't be counted.

It'll reflect the number of posts you currently have in the forum databases. Most everyone will lose a few posts on their counts.
darkpuppet,Nov 14 2005, 12:09 PM Wrote:basically your post count would reflect all of your current posts in the forums (not counting those that don't count towards your total post count).  If you posted in a tech forum, or focus talk, that post is most likely guaranteed to be counted.

If you posted in for sale last year, that post won't be there, and won't be counted.

It'll reflect the number of posts you currently have in the forum databases.  Most everyone will lose a few posts on their counts.
[right][snapback]155748[/snapback][/right]

So I'm guessing bunny cage and off topic won't count anymore?
The bunny cage has never counted, tho I'm not averse to re-enabling post counting in off-topic.
whatevar

Post count was important to me

Then I got a life
meford4u,Nov 14 2005, 02:02 PM Wrote:whatevar

Post count was important to me

Then I got a life
[right][snapback]155799[/snapback][/right]

Good for you but I live my life one post at a time!! I live for the post count!
darkpuppet,Nov 14 2005, 11:21 AM Wrote:The bunny cage has never counted,  tho I'm not averse to re-enabling post counting in off-topic.
[right][snapback]155755[/snapback][/right]
all of offtopic doesn't count???
if thats true i probably got 2000 posts :lol:
go for it... who cares about post counts, were all pretty much 2000+ anyways, rite?
p.s. when u do it, can u make a post with our old post counts, and the new counts, to see how much posts we lost? or in the case of scooba steve, gained?
paolo,Nov 14 2005, 09:36 PM Wrote:go for it... who cares about post counts, were all pretty much 2000+ anyways, rite?
p.s. when u do it, can u make a post with our old post counts, and the new counts, to see how much posts we lost? or in the case of scooba steve, gained?
[right][snapback]155919[/snapback][/right]

haha.. 900 members, that's a big list. ... the top 50

darkpuppet 7364
shopplayer 7250
ANTHONYD 6909
2001 ZTS 5538
tdot-zx3 5515
Flofocus 5470
Raine 4983
microbunny 4184
NOS2Go4Me 4133
ZX3TUNR 4083
meford4u 2870
naz 2663
paolo 2574
FociPhil 2565
01-yellow-ZX3 2272
S2 2193
guilty 2089
DD1 2068
ZOOM 1948
BerinG 1529
Jays2000ZX3 1495
MAlby7 1474
hardk0re 1430
french_connection 1384
Frost__2001 1271
Focused 1238
Marction 1217
ZX5focused 1211
crazikev 1186
Euro Ford Fan 1176
dad 1176
Kool_ZX3 1079
BrooksZX3 1025
Oscar The Grouch 1002
ZX3TUNING 982
lordkingod 965
NefCanuck 932
bluetoy 923
smith21 922
FocusGuy7476 870
SVT ZX3 847
Crazirich 822
FociS8nt 795
j3rt 769
focusonthis_88 746
P-51 737
SangriaRedZX5 737
Aka 732
GapBoyPCS 693
Blackzx3 666

[edit] There's 622 members with < 10 posts[/edit]
YEEEEEEAH....#8...

technically #7 as 'shopplayer' isnt a real member!

Seriously though...dont take any my post count...its all I got!!! :(
my post count didnt change at all???
paolo,Nov 15 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:my post count didnt change at all???
[right][snapback]156043[/snapback][/right]

I haven't recounted the posts yet...
:ph34r:
darkpuppet,Nov 14 2005, 09:50 AM Wrote:Since we've been doing a lot of cleaning up and whatnot around the site here, I've been debating doing a forum post recount to further clean up some of the old mess.

What this means?

it'll reflect your true post count on the site.
the posts counted for each forum and for the entire site will reflect what's currently stored in the database instead of the ongoing, and innacurrate count.
it will give a true indication of your current contribution to the site.
there will be no change in your status (active members remain active members, locals remain locals, noobs remain noobs)

on the downside, it also means that most people's post counts will decline, with possibly only scooba steve to benefit.

I want to do this to reset things to where we currently stand, and get everyone on equal footing.

If you have a problem with this, please speak up now, or forever hold your peace.
[right][snapback]155702[/snapback][/right]

Feeling guilty for jacking up your post count puppet ? :ph34r: :o
Is this still happening?

How far back does the database go? And what will count towards your post count.