FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Double Din Dvd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was Just woundering if theses double din dvd's will fit in the stock location of are decks

http://cgi.ebay.ca/VAL0R-DDA-650W-DOUBLE-D...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KENWOOD-DDX...013629320QQrdZ1

It'll fit, but you're gonna have to modify the radio surround. The stock radio is actually closer to 1 1/2 din.

So the short answer is no. The long answer is yes, just it'll take some custom work to make it fit.
habmann,Nov 13 2005, 02:37 PM Wrote:It'll fit, but you're gonna have to modify the radio surround. The stock radio is actually closer to  1 1/2 din.

So the short answer is no. The long answer is yes, just it'll take some custom work to make it fit.
[right][snapback]155573[/snapback][/right]

1.8 Din
so what kind of in dash dvd can i fit in the stock location and i don't want a flip up
check mp3playerstore.com

they have a 2 din dvd touchscreen as well... a little cheaper as well!

just a fyi
I have the Eclipse NAV unit and it fits. You can get one without the nav system.Here a picture.

[Image: P1010689.jpg]
That's one of the pimpest in-dash LCDs I've seen. NICE!
non flip up just screams smash and grab....
ZOOM,Nov 16 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:non flip up just screams smash and grab....
[right][snapback]156235[/snapback][/right]

It has a ESN security. If it is removed or the disconnected from the battery you need a code or DC to make it work.
I'd still be careful, especially with the 'mentality' in this city.......
S2,Nov 17 2005, 11:00 AM Wrote:I'd still be careful, especially with the 'mentality' in this city.......
[right][snapback]156426[/snapback][/right]

your are right with that.....but I also have good insurance and an alarm just in case some fool tries to take it.
SVTZX503,Nov 13 2005, 08:01 PM Wrote:I have the Eclipse NAV unit and it fits. You can get one without the nav system.Here a picture.

[Image: P1010689.jpg]
[right][snapback]155610[/snapback][/right]

you did custom work to get that in there, right?
I've gotta believe thats custom but its looks awesome, definately looks like it came stock.
Just a bit of trimming on the surround and removing a piece above the heater control knobs and it fits like a glove.
SVTZX503,Nov 21 2005, 04:02 PM Wrote:Just a bit of trimming on the surround and removing a piece above the heater control knobs and it fits like a glove.
[right][snapback]157035[/snapback][/right]

damn! Well that's a kick in the pants for me, seeing as i coulda got something very similar about 6 months ago for less than $300 :(
SVTZX503,Nov 17 2005, 08:13 AM Wrote:
ZOOM,Nov 16 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:non flip up just screams smash and grab....
[right][snapback]156235[/snapback][/right]

It has a ESN security. If it is removed or the disconnected from the battery you need a code or DC to make it work.
[right][snapback]156402[/snapback][/right]

But they wouldnt find this out untill AFTER they took it.. and you're still down one sweet ass DVD system.