FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Help! Rear Brake Light Stay On At Drive!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need help!!! My brake light stay ON when I put to "D".

Yes I drive a auto. Today I find out my brake light stay ON when I shift to Drive, but it work fine at Park or Reverse. I check everything today: fuse, bulbs, fog light mod back to stock, brake pedal sensor thingy and restart computer.... Still doesn't work!!! Brake light stay ON at "D" doesn't matter when the headlight is ON or OFF. I try everything I could think of, but still the same!!

Anyone experience that before?? Is it the auto shift locking mechanism acting up??
Hmm, on my car it was a leaky clutch cylinder when my e-brake light stayed on, but since you said ur driving an automagic? i honestly dont know what it could be??
Do u have ABS? Something could be wrong with that
Problem fixed!! umm...kind of.

I thought it was the ABS too, but no it was the cruise control. After looking into the focus repair manual electrial diagnosis section, I find out my cruise control module maybe having problem.
In the manual it acturally have a small section call "Stop lamp continuously ON"...LOL!!!! Few tests are needed to check. Unplug PCM, unplug ABS module and the cruise control. I didn't preform all tests except the cruise control since the brake/stop light stay ON at Drive and cruise control only active at Drive. I locate the cruise control, unplug the connector and try it..The brake light work normal~yeah!! Brake light work fine at drive now but no cruise control which I never use it anyway, better than pull over by police!