FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Factory Ford Take Offs...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been debating lately if I wanna keep putting A/T All-Season tires on the stock 16" rims on the Escape, or if I want to put snow tires on those, and get some factory take-off wheels from another Ford Vehicle that uses the same bolt pattern.

I know that wheels from an Explorer, Flex, Edge, and I think even a Fusion would fit (given the spindle is compatible) and I'd be interested in going +1 or +2 in overall wheel diameter, and like +1 or a little larger in width. With 17's or 18's I could still use a tire with a decent sidewall that won't make the truck look useless, and I also figure that the OEM rims would look less of an afterthought...look a little more stealth.

So, in short, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good source here in Ontario about where to find OEM Ford Take-Off's.

Thanks!
Drivesthebeast,Apr 27 2010, 07:50 PM Wrote:I've been debating lately if I wanna keep putting A/T All-Season tires on the stock 16" rims on the Escape, or if I want to put snow tires on those, and get some factory take-off wheels from another Ford Vehicle that uses the same bolt pattern.

I know that wheels from an Explorer, Flex, Edge, and I think even a Fusion would fit (given the spindle is compatible) and I'd be interested in going +1 or +2 in overall wheel diameter, and like +1 or a little larger in width.  With 17's or 18's I could still use a tire with a decent sidewall that won't make the truck look useless, and I also figure that the OEM rims would look less of an afterthought...look a little more stealth.

So, in short, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good source here in Ontario about where to find OEM Ford Take-Off's.

Thanks!
[right][snapback]305977[/snapback][/right]

i can get you some possibly what were you looking for?

i know i can get 1 set of the chrome 09 sport track rims ( the nice ones)

if Escapes are 5-114.3

so are
five hundreds 05-10 bore 63.3, offset 35-42
fusions 06-10 bore 70.6, offset 35-42
mustangs 94-10 bore 70.6,offset 35-42
taurus 08-10 bore 70.6, offset 40-45
explorer 01-10 bore 70.6, offset 15-25

plus

Lincoln
MKX
MKZ
MKS
town car
zephyr
aviator

mazda

cx-7

all have 5-114.3

i cant get all thees wheel just some ford ones.

i have a set of 20in 2009 f250 Harley rims the chrome and black ones :D to bad they wont work
My 06 Escape uses a 5x4.5 or 5x114.3mm bolt pattern. Which I beleive is the same as all of the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury and Mazda models you listed...

I know of at least 2 Chrome wheel types used on the Sport Trac. The 20" ones on the Sport Trac Adrenalin and Explorer Limited, and then there's 18 x 7.5" Split spoke rims used on the Sport Trac Limited V8 and Explorer XLT and Eddie Bauer.

Just curious as to what particular ones you are talking about, and what kinda ballpark figure would they be?

Thanks for the response!

02ztsian

Jmountney1,Apr 28 2010, 07:56 AM Wrote:i can get you some possibly what were you looking for?

[right][snapback]306034[/snapback][/right]

Not to thread jack but any chance you can get a set of Ford Edge Sport rims like these...
[Image: 09-ford-edge-sport.jpg]

I'm looking for a set of these at a good price for the Flex.
Thanks.
i can get the Adrenalin sport track rims.

and yes i can get the Ford Edge Sport rims.
I'll be looking to grab winters for my MKX if anyone want to get rid of ther 18" wheels with winter rubber or no rubber.
Adrenalin rims you say...wow, those are 20's...which I think is almost as large as the Escape can handle without extensive mods.

What kinda pricerange are we talking? And are they just the bare rims, or do they have the Pirelli's on them too? I know tires in that size would be very expensive...like $300-$400+ each...
well i could get the set of 4 for $750 they are 20in so id see if they even fit. and they dont come with tires.
Jmountney1,May 1 2010, 01:31 AM Wrote:well i could get the set of 4 for $750 they are 20in so id see if they even fit. and they dont come with tires.
[right][snapback]306164[/snapback][/right]

ps i think i could snatch a set or two of 18in edge wheels but they would be the same price.

Oh yeah, what version of Edge rims are you talking about? 18's will fit just fine, and I have a LOT more options for tires...the 20's would give me a 45 or even 40 series profile, whereas the 18's would give me a 55 series...

Thanks for the info and responses!
Jmountney1,Apr 30 2010, 09:35 PM Wrote:
Jmountney1,May 1 2010, 01:31 AM Wrote:well i could get the set of 4 for $750 they are 20in so id see if they even fit. and they dont come with tires.
[right][snapback]306164[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]306165[/snapback][/right]
That's an absolutely amazing price ... can you get similar discounts on Focus rims?
Are you talking about the Chrome Split Spoke 18's that the Edge Limited's came with up until this year? (I think they mostly come with 20's now).
holy leave for a few days and come back to a new form lol.

im not exactly sher of the stile edge rims but its hard to get the plastic covered ones.

i dont believe any of the 18in are thow.

could you send me a link of the ones you would like?
Either this version of this wheel...

http://joplinglobe.autoconx.com/photos/7...05_1_B.jpg

Or, this version...

http://www.ford-carz.com/wp-content/uplo...ctures.jpg

Both of which are basically the same wheel, just that the version from the Fusion is more of an anthracite finish. One of the members of an Escape/Tribute/Mariner forum I belong to has a redfire 05 Escape, with the rims from the Edge SEL on it, and it looks great. Suits the lines of the truck even better than the edge actually...

I found his truck actually...

[Image: LumixDMC-TZ5001.jpg]

I also like this version of wheel that they use on the Explorer and Sport Track:

http://z.about.com/d/suvs/1/0/7/a/-/-/lft_rear_3-4.jpg

I love the bigger rims available on the Ford Vehicles, but the tires would be too expensive.

Let me know what you think!
ill look into it
hopefully tomorrow ill be picing up a set or 2 tomorrow ill post up pics
(05-13-2010, 03:13 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]hopefully tomorrow ill be picing up a set or 2 tomorrow ill post up pics

Spell check?
i couldn't get a complete set of edge wheels so i had to get explorer rims i have pics posted in the for sale section.

(05-07-2010, 11:52 PM)Drivesthebeast Wrote: [ -> ]Either this version of this wheel...

http://joplinglobe.autoconx.com/photos/7...05_1_B.jpg

Or, this version...

http://www.ford-carz.com/wp-content/uplo...ctures.jpg

Both of which are basically the same wheel, just that the version from the Fusion is more of an anthracite finish. One of the members of an Escape/Tribute/Mariner forum I belong to has a redfire 05 Escape, with the rims from the Edge SEL on it, and it looks great. Suits the lines of the truck even better than the edge actually...

I found his truck actually...

[Image: LumixDMC-TZ5001.jpg]

I also like this version of wheel that they use on the Explorer and Sport Track:

http://z.about.com/d/suvs/1/0/7/a/-/-/lft_rear_3-4.jpg

I love the bigger rims available on the Ford Vehicles, but the tires would be too expensive.

Let me know what you think!