FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Spring Dyno Day, Help Me Get It Organized!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ZX3TUNR,Nov 14 2005, 02:46 PM Wrote:For any one who hasnt been to BC its a must visit once in your life. BC makes every where else in Canada look like a s**t hole. Plus BC owns in good looking girls, and cars.

I am hoping to make a trip down there., Mitch.

Drive the Vancouver to meet up with 2 guys with Focus!!! ??? What are you talking about. Some of the nicest and most modified focus's come from Western Canada. We know how to do it right. Come down and get some tips.

Look at Mefordu's car. It sure wasnt modded in Ontario lol.

Like Mitch mentioned. Last time 30 cars showed up with out much notice given.
[right][snapback]155792[/snapback][/right]

Ahem. Riced out in BC. Made faster in Ontario. Once the stickers are gone and the tuning is done, try to keep up.
I've been to BC. Nice.
But saying that 30 cars showed up on short notice. Was it 30 Focus'? Cause we could invite other clubs but this is about Focus Canada.
the discussion of BC vs Ontario is retarded.

We will be actively seeking sponsors to help us out on the east coast. It's unrealistic to expect one shop from BC to hold the weight of the whole freakin' country.

I encourage people to go to this event just as much as I encourage people to go to the Ontario events.

It's been a while since I've been to vancouver, but I sort of doubt I'd drive it. It would be cheaper to fly... let me do the math...

day 1: Toronto - Winnipeg, Manitoba ( 2,200km - 22 hours, $180 in gas)
day 2: Winnipeg - Calgary, Alberta (1300km, 17 hours, $136 in gas)
day 3: Calgary - Vancouver, BC (970km, 14 hours, $140 in gas)
+ oil change
-------------------------------
x2

that'll get you to over $800 for the round trip. I've flown for less.. makes even more sense when my hourly wages of working instead of driving would make over double the cost of the trip, making the total loss of driving over $3,000 :blink:

set a date, and lemme see what I can do. Interested in me doing a workshop on tuning with SCT?

I would like to go to vancouver next year, just need to see when my fellow mountain bike buddies are going and maybe fly up. I'm sure it would be a grand ol' time.
meford4u,Nov 14 2005, 11:58 AM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Nov 14 2005, 02:46 PM Wrote:Like Mitch mentioned. Last time 30 cars showed up with out much notice given.
[right][snapback]155792[/snapback][/right]
But saying that 30 cars showed up on short notice. Was it 30 Focus'? Cause we could invite other clubs but this is about Focus Canada.
[right][snapback]155797[/snapback][/right]

Ok, if memory serves me right , there was one Contour, but there was also more turbo'd focuses than non-focus cars, not to mention multiple supercharged focuses.
i might be heading to bc in the summer, i family wedding in regina in july. ive been thinkin about going all the way to the coast since im gonna be halfway there.
but i dunno if im gonna have the focus for the trip. but if i make it all the way to bc im definitely gonna want to meet up the bc crew cause i gotta see some of these cars in person!!

edit:
powerworks cars, will these be the Focussport cars or the ones that they have in Detroit?? cause if their coming from detroit, maybe i can hitch a ride wiht them.
assuming this is gonna happen in the spring.
Much as I like the idea in theory, no way I could physically take the pounding of driving out to BC (Even if I ould get a co-driver, doing 12 hour streches in the car would probably kill me <_< )

I may be a Dingbat, but I'm not Demented :P

NefCanuck
no there was a total of 29 cars, 1 of which was a 560rwhp 04 Cobra and 1 Contour.

the PW cars from Detriot would be there along with our PW cars and many of the other turbo and SC'ed Foci from the NW.

there are people who have said they plan on coming from Wisconsin(sp), Colorado, NorCal, SoCal, NV, and possibly a few from TX.

i fail to see how people from TX or Wisconsin(sp) are willing to make the trip and fellow Canadians wont?

well, i'm sure there are a few that will make the trip reguardless. as the date nears closer and closer there will be caravan meeting points so people do not have to drive out solo.

like i said there will be longest distance travelled awards along with highest power NA, SC, Turbo. i also plan on having a viewers choice Car show award.

Meford,
"Once the stickers are gone and the tuning is done, try to keep up."
umm, what was the point of that?
i could say the same thing to you...?

and if you guys put togther a dyno day with 25+ focus' i will donate some prizes and stuff... but there needs to be 20+ focus' who have laid down deposits to get on the rollers.
the comment was aimed at Jay and his wing doors.
oh ok, fair enough... gotta give you points for that one then! ;) :D
This is kinda silly.

There is NO way the Ontario guys could justify the ride out there.

Have a great Dyno day. Take lots of pics. Pictures of succesful G2G's are VERY benificial to the site.
What about a new thread for a spring dyno day in Ontario? Lots of planning and early lock-ins could make for quite the event.
to be honest i didn't post it here for the Ontario peeps as much as i did for everyone BETWEEN Ontario and BC....

either way, any Ontario people are welcome out!
i'd love to go..... but have to spend $700 to $800 and 106 hours of driving for a round trip... :(

maybe i'll fly there as i'm planning a trip to vancouver to visit my friend!

will i be welcomed if i come without a focus? :lol:

i remember i went to zx3tuning (momentum motorsports) last time in august 2001, and i met Shawn, super nice guy~~~ gave me the black metal shorty antenna for free~~~ so i miss there, i'd like to go again :)
well I can understand the uproar a bit, but why not hold a bi-country event then ? have once stated in the west, and another here in ontario for those east of ontario and quebec to come out and do this in ontario, again if more of us show up for our meet and greets ( talking about ontario people here ) then I don't see a problem with it.

I could Drive out west in a heart beat, but really it all depends on the cost of driving there and the cost of gas at the time of the event. I have connections in Kelowna, Calgary / Edmonton, and Winnipeg for me to stay for the night as I have close friends and family in those citys, and Driving 41 hours straight is nothing for me as I have done it once already coming back from the west.

lol If I can drive 20 hours and only make 4 stops the whole time to get to New Orleans in under 2 days ( last year ), and same goes for going to Edmonton ( 2001 ) I don't think most people could take that much time in a car, without going stir crazy.

02ztsian

Mitch, have we decided on a date yet? :huh:
I have to book holidays as early as possible in the new year to ensure I get the dates I want. Me personally, I like May. Probable little or no snow in the mountains for the drive west. I can talk the wife into a family vacation since we have family in Vangroovy.
ANTHONYD,Nov 14 2005, 06:53 PM Wrote:Been to B.C.

It kicks ass.
[right][snapback]155795[/snapback][/right]

it sure does.

I am in.
looking at mid/late may.
i'm waiting on the 06 autox calender to get released as we want to plan it on a weekend where we can do the dyno day/show on saturday and follow that up with an AutoX on Sunday.
if the stars align, just right, there is a really good chance there may also be street-legal drags on friday before the dynoday! this could really be a "put-up or shut-up" event as we could see what power the cars make and how fast they are in the real world at the same time!

I'm in, hope to have some goodies in my focus by then.
Hi,

I'm new to all this and as muchas I love the sound of all this...driving to Van City from Winnipeg is going to be out of the question. Not so much financially if it was just me...but my 2 sons would want to go as well...and thats where the fun would come to a crashing halt as my wife would NEVER go that far for a car show...LoL...but I wish you luck...so uhm....

ANY MANITOBANS IN HERE?????
Blackheart4355,Feb 11 2007, 01:03 AM Wrote:Hi,

I'm new to all this and as muchas I love the sound of all this...driving to Van City from Winnipeg is going to be out of the question.  Not so much financially if it was just me...but my 2 sons would want to go as well...and thats where the fun would come to a crashing halt as my wife would NEVER go that far for a car show...LoL...but I wish you luck...so uhm....

ANY MANITOBANS IN HERE?????
[right][snapback]226458[/snapback][/right]

check the post dates.. this was for last year.

I wonder if mitch is gonna do it again this year..
... esxpecially since last year's didn't end up happening.
Pages: 1 2 3