FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Took Some Pictures Of The Corolla
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Took some pictures of the Corolla. Drop and rims will be coming after winter.

[Image: ZZE130-20051112-01.JPG]

[Image: ZZE130-20051112-11.JPG]

[Image: ZZE130-20051112-05.JPG]
BAHH!! It's ugly! Where's the focus :P lol..j/k jaspher, it looks good man! Can't wait to see it after u start modding
A Toyota, dude, are you in your late 40's already????
If you (Ford) can't beat them join them (Toyota).

I don't blame you at all, Toyota will own the planet at: world.toyota.com soon enough.

I fear them like people feared Hitler in the early 30's but nobody listened then either.

if you are planning to modify anyway wouldn't it have been better/easier to start with the xrs trim level?

i can't blame you at all though.. that will be an uber reliable DD
I found their entry-level engine supah thrashy... it doesn't like being worked at all. That's in both the Corolla and the Matrix I've rented in the last few months. Even the SPI sounds better under load.

The rest is alright, although it looks even more plain than the Focus? :huh: Good luck!
To answer some questions...

The reason for not getting the XRS is for the fuel economy and XRS need premium fuel. Plus I didn't want to get manual transmission.

The engine is less smooth than the focus this is because to a timing chain compare to the timing belt on the focus.

I got this car because of reliability and fuel economy.

2001 ZTS,Nov 12 2005, 08:02 PM Wrote:If you (Ford) can't beat them join them (Toyota).

I don't blame you at all, Toyota will own the planet at: world.toyota.com soon enough.

I fear them like people feared Hitler in the early 30's but nobody listened then either.
[right][snapback]155435[/snapback][/right]

Umm actually they have a City in Japan called Toyota City, my friend Kieko told me about it, Toyota came and bought the whole town up in the 1960's and built huge factorys and the whole town is 90% factorys and the town's name has been forgotten because they renamed it Toyota city, they even have appartment building built into the factorys including schools, a hospital and ciity hall at the heart of the factorys.

But yeah the Corolla is no more relible the any car out there after it's 10 years old it's going to be as rotted out as anything else out there since you live in Ontario. With that said Hopefully you'll not be running into the same problems as my Friend Kieko has with her 2005 LE.
Frost__2001,Nov 13 2005, 02:25 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Nov 12 2005, 08:02 PM Wrote:If you (Ford) can't beat them join them (Toyota).

[right][snapback]155435[/snapback][/right]

Umm actually they have a City in Japan called Toyota City, my friend Kieko told me about it, Toyota came and bought the whole town up in the 1960's and built huge factorys and the whole town is 90% factorys and the town's name has been forgotten because they renamed it Toyota city, they even have appartment building built into the factorys including schools, a hospital and ciity hall at the heart of the factorys.

But yeah the Corolla is no more relible the any car out there after it's 10 years old it's going to be as rotted out as anything else out there since you live in Ontario. With that said Hopefully you'll not be running into the same problems as my Friend Kieko has with her 2005 LE.
[right][snapback]155500[/snapback][/right]

I hope your friend was taken care of by the dealership. This is my 4th Toyota that I owned, after trying different brands i'm not even sure if I will still drive another car that's not made by Toyota other than the European MK2 focus. It's just too bad the European MK2 focus didn't come here because I would have gotten it. I was pissed so I decided to go back to Toyota. In the begining I was comparing the Corolla to the focus in terms of looks and driving dynamics, but now I realize that I made the right choice be I remembered the days when I drove Toyotas, "no un-neccessary repairs". I had an 89 Corolla which never had any problems, all I did was maintenance and that was it. My family had the car since 89 and my dad gave it to me at 93, used it until 98. No problems at all. other toyota's that I had was 2002 Camry LE V6 and 1997 Corolla 1.8 DX. These are are a bit on the boring side but they sure do give you a peace of mind.
New cars are always cool! Congrats on the new ride! :D
Congrats. However IMO, I still would have sticked with a focus too.