FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Burning Car's & Kangaroo Crashes Down Under
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well..

As I am watching the current day2 racing in the Telstra Rally Australia, it has become apparent that the wildlife, particularly the kangaroos, could care little about where they are hopping with WRC cars ripping around their home at 190km!

Yesterday on Day1 there were 2 car fires, 1 major suspension collapse and 2005-Winner Sebastien Loeb made an extremely rare mistake and rolled his car, ending his chances to capture his 11th win of the season which would have been an all-time WRC record!

Fast forward to today--Petter Solberg who was on pace to win the event had a high-speed run in with an enormous kangaroo at about 180km/h and the impact destroyed the cars rad, suspension and nearly tearing away the front end of the car. Oil and petrol were seen spewing from the remains of his Impreza and it was all over for him.

In the second incident, Mitsubishi driver Harri Rovenpara narrowly escaped retirement when another large kangaroo ran head first and jumped into his speeding Lancer, breaking the door lock and seeing the door break completely off the vehicle...He somehow managed to keep going, with no door, while dust and dirt swirllied inside the car..

The standings after day2 are as follows

1. Francois Duval------Peugeot
2. Colin McCrae-------Skoda
3. Harri Rovenpara---Mitsubishi

Ford drivers Roman Kresta and Toni Gardemeister are essentially out of the top 3 in 7th and 8th place

The status of the 2 kangaroos are not known--
microbunny,Nov 12 2005, 08:36 PM Wrote:Well..

As I am watching the current day2 racing in the Telstra Rally Australia, it has become apparent that the wildlife, particularly the kangaroos, could care little about where they are hopping with WRC cars ripping around their home at 190km!

Yesterday on Day1 there were 2 car fires, 1 major suspension collapse and 2005-Winner Sebastien Loeb made an extremely rare mistake and rolled his car, ending his chances to capture his 11th win of the season which would have been an all-time WRC record!

Fast forward to today--Petter Solberg who was on pace to win the event had a high-speed run in with an enormous kangaroo at about 180km/h and the impact destroyed the cars rad, suspension and nearly tearing away the front end of the car. Oil and petrol were seen spewing from the remains of his Impreza and it was all over for him.

In the second incident, Mitsubishi driver Harri Rovenpara narrowly escaped retirement when another large kangaroo ran head first and jumped into his speeding Lancer, breaking the door lock and seeing the door break completely off the vehicle...He somehow managed to keep going, with no door, while dust and dirt swirllied inside the car..

The standings after day2 are as follows

1. Francois Duval------Peugeot
2. Colin McCrae-------Skoda
3. Harri Rovenpara---Mitsubishi

Ford drivers Roman Kresta and Toni Gardemeister are essentially out of the top 3 in 7th and 8th place

The status of the 2 kangaroos are not known--
[right][snapback]155386[/snapback][/right]

What channel was this on ..... Speed ? Or did you just see the highlights. I know On Sunday they have 1.5hrs coverage ..... starts too dam late though ( for me anyway ..... work at 5a.m B) )
I get all the rally's on my computer via satellite through a buddy in the UK....

each weekend that a rally is held he sends me a feed so I catch it within an hour of that days stages!! :)

Must be nice !! I'm left to watch NASCAR network ( Speed ) *uck I hate NASCAR !!

:angry: :angry: ................................ B) :lol:
That's pretty cool, I only catch rally when I am flipping channels, but that is the ultimate race imo... and yea, I hate nascar too :lol:
LOL..

NASCAR is total garbage....most boring s**t to watch and they go so fast....and still suck!