FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Daimler Sells Of It's Mitsu Share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After years of loosing money DC has finally pulled out of Mitsu:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051111/ap_on_...sler_mitsubishi
Quote:Mitsubishi Motors has seen its sales in Japan plunge after acknowledging five years ago that it had systematically hidden auto defects for more than two decades to avoid recalls.

Interesting in light of that other thread about Honda.
Aka,Nov 11 2005, 05:09 PM Wrote:
Quote:Mitsubishi Motors has seen its sales in Japan plunge after acknowledging five years ago that it had systematically hidden auto defects for more than two decades to avoid recalls.

Interesting in light of that other thread about Honda.
[right][snapback]155235[/snapback][/right]

oh, the irony of it all
hmmm, that's too bad really...

I think that Mitsubishi has always made unique cars that stand apart from the other asian cars. The new Eclipse in the GT-V6 is pretty bad ass...with a few mods or mild FI I bet you could get 300+ hp out of them. They look like nothing else out there too...

I was thinking of buying a Ralliart Lancer before I bought my Focus actually. The only things were, the Lancer didn't have as big an aftermarket, and I was still drawn to the smiley-face facia of the Focus.
Drivesthebeast,Nov 11 2005, 07:21 PM Wrote:hmmm, that's too bad really...

I think that Mitsubishi has always made unique cars that stand apart from the other asian cars.  [right][snapback]155271[/snapback][/right]

Your are forgetting the other "unique" Asian car maker, Mitsu's historic rival and the one that has "stood apart" to an even greater extent.

hint: I've owned two of them.
well look at how much mitsubishi has lost over the last 6 years in the market, not to mention they are keeping with typical japanese style of running things, Nissan was in the same boat a few years back till they hired a French president that turned the company right around.
Frost__2001,Nov 11 2005, 08:29 PM Wrote:well look at how much mitsubishi has lost over the last 6 years in the market, not to mention they are keeping with typical japanese style of running things, Nissan was in the same boat a few years back till they hired a French president that turned the company right around.
[right][snapback]155291[/snapback][/right]

Correct IMO: Nissan has been a miracle under Ghoshin (sp?) however, TOYOTA IS HELL BENT ON WORLD DOMINATION, it's practically in their mission statement.

Watch out world.
Better late than never for DCX. I don't see Mitsu lasting much longer in the Canadian market. The only place that sells them around here is Park something in Burlington. This dealership has been fined many times for selling used cars that had been written off. If Mitsu was serious about our market, I think they would have established a dealership here with a little more credible past! :rolleyes:
CanadaSVT,Nov 13 2005, 10:58 PM Wrote:Better late than never for DCX.  I don't see Mitsu lasting much longer in the Canadian market.  The only place that sells them around here is Park something in Burlington.  This dealership has been fined many times for selling used cars that had been written off.  If Mitsu was serious about our market, I think they would have established a dealership here with a little more credible past! :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]155664[/snapback][/right]

The dealer in the falls just went under... no big loss they never had many cars on the lot anyway.
all of mitsubishi's vehicles suck other than the old DSM's and the lancer evolution.. . small wonder they are tanking...
Mitsu just opened up a new dealership around the corner from me where Total Ford used to be.

Laterz :)