FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Bought A Psp!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just both the value pack of 1 gig last night. It's incredible!! I got Madden 06, I really like the graphics...

Does anybody have one here? If yes, how can I upload my music and pictures on it?
focusonthis_88,Nov 11 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:I just both the value pack of 1 gig last night.  It's incredible!!  I got Madden 06, I really like the graphics...

Does anybody have one here?  If yes, how can I upload my music and pictures on it?
[right][snapback]155145[/snapback][/right]

Yeah the PSP is cool..

that pack you got is a great deal..I saw it last night myself!!
focusonthis_88,Nov 11 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:I just both the value pack of 1 gig last night.  It's incredible!!  I got Madden 06, I really like the graphics...

Does anybody have one here?  If yes, how can I upload my music and pictures on it?
[right][snapback]155145[/snapback][/right]

read the manual and hook it up to your computer, and transfer the music and pics to it... it's super easy, and the manual has the answers to all your questions.

I've figured out how to upgrade the firmware to run my imported colin mcrae without the manual, so I figure pics and music should be no problem.

So have you run into the bug in Madden 06 where a player will look 3" tall?

[Image: football_screen004.jpg]

apparently it was only a bug with an old update...

Quote:EA offers periodic downloadable updates during the National Football League season that take player trades, injuries, and the like into account so players can have the most accurate team rosters. But in the most recent Madden roster update, King's height was entered mistakenly as "727," Frazier said. That effectively meant the system thought King was 7 inches tall.
darkpuppet,Nov 11 2005, 10:59 AM Wrote:read the manual and hook it up to your computer, and transfer the music and pics to it... it's super easy, and the manual has the answers to all your questions.

I did that but it doesn't work. I plug my psp with the usb then download music to it. but theres no music on it. but the memory stick memory goes down. but there's not music.
ok..

well, I'm assuming that you've successfully connected the PSP to the computer to transfer the files and that you're using MP3's.

when connected to your computer, you see a removable drive when you go to My Computer.

Open the removable drive and create a directory. name the directory 'psp'.

then go into the psp directory and create a directory called 'music'.

then put all your music (either ATRAC3 or MP3) into that music folder.

So you'll have all your music in \psp\music\*.mp3

If you have other media files, you may want to download the sony image converter as it'll be able to transcode the tunes for you.
darkpuppet,Nov 11 2005, 11:37 AM Wrote:ok..

well, I'm assuming that you've successfully connected the PSP to the computer to transfer the files and that you're using MP3's.

when connected to your computer, you see a removable drive when you go to My Computer.

Open the removable drive and create a directory.  name the directory 'psp'. 

then go into the psp directory and create a directory called 'music'.

then put all your music (either ATRAC3 or MP3) into that music folder.

So you'll have all your music in \psp\music\*.mp3

If you have other media files, you may want to download the sony image converter as it'll be able to transcode the tunes for you.
[right][snapback]155160[/snapback][/right]

AHHH!! I didn't know I neede to create a Music folder! lol...

Thank you darkpuppet
Tis a great system. If I would have known you were in the market I might have sold mine :lol:

Maybe not...

NFSU 0wnz
Get a little program called psp 9 for video converting and uploading. I like my psp, keeps graphics designs really nice - portability.

http://www.pspvideo9.com/

It's free too :)

When combined with another application, Videora + PSP Video 9 form the first PSPcasting solution, allowing you to download, convert and copy video to your PSP, automatically using BitTorrent and RSS technology.
what firmware version did yours come with and where did you get it? i'm trying to hold off getting one, but i don't want to be at a point where there is no way to downgrade the firmware
naz,Nov 12 2005, 09:43 PM Wrote:what firmware version did yours come with and where did you get it? i'm trying to hold off getting one, but i don't want to be at a point where there is no way to downgrade the firmware
[right][snapback]155464[/snapback][/right]

you can download the firmware straight from the wifi updater, and new games that require it also have a copy of the updated firmware on the disk (well, Colin McRae had 1.5, and I updated with v2.0 via wifi.

and worse comes to worse, you can download the latest firmware update from their website, load it to the memory stick and run the updater from there.
i'm not worried about upgrading.. i'm worried about downgrading so i can play backup copies of my games
Some people have wayy too much money. Wish I had too much money. :rolleyes: