FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys, don't mean to sound ignit, but is it REALLY worth investigating some electonic upgrades to the SVT computer system...not sure what it's called, like getting a chip, having it flashed, changing the programming....all that techy stuff....do you really notice a difference with a stock SVT, or do you need to upgrade a whole bunch of stuff to go along with it.

Just curious if it's a waste for a stocker.
Ryan,Nov 11 2005, 09:23 AM Wrote:Hey Guys, don't mean to sound ignit, but is it REALLY worth investigating some electonic upgrades to the SVT computer system...not sure what it's called, like getting a chip, having it flashed, changing the programming....all that techy stuff....do you really notice a difference with a stock SVT, or do you need to upgrade a whole bunch of stuff to go along with it.

Just curious if it's a waste for a stocker.
[right][snapback]155131[/snapback][/right]

To be honest...from what I've heard it is worth it..and any extra mods you may have make it even better and customizable...

I'm not an expert but, I've talked to a number of happy people that got this type of stuff, even for their stockers
The SVT has questionable factory ECU programming as it is. A lot of guys, on here and on other sites, have realized that a SCT custom tune makes all the difference in the world.
I remember when redsvtfocus got his SCT, he told me it was like night and day.....

If your going to do one mod to your SVT this is it, I have not yet done mine, but it's the next on my list. You can't get a chip, it has to be reflashed as the SVT processor does not have a port to accomadate a chip. Do some reading HERE. Many have posted their opinion that this is the single best mod for this car.
the best thing I did on the SVT...(thanx Kev)..it felt so good at low rpms...when the needle reached the 3k it was really awesome..get it without a doubt..also I had the Brullen exhaust..(Kev again), the Demon coil and wires,the short ram intake,the short shifter,engine mounts....hawk brake pads(awesome)..all the things together made a big change on the car..
one thing you should change...the exhaust.....!
good luck