FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Better Mouse Trap?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an older house (1936) every year about this time when it gets cold I get a mouse or two during the course of the winter. In a house this age you just cannot seal each and every crack a mouse will get in and I accept that. My question is how to make the visit as short as possible.

For the record I am not concerned about moral/humanity/animal right issues. I caught a mouse in a traditional trap once that didn't die right away so I held it in my hand under water in a bucket till it did. I figure that was easier to clean up than a microwave and I wasn't hungry at the time.

Do those plug in ultrasonic things work?

Is their a better bait for a spring trap than peanut butter on a piece of cracker? (we all know cheese sucks as bait and people watch too much cartoons)

I have had semi-sucess with glue/paper traps.
you can use two things, get the professional baits, the blue and the red ones or you can use peanut butter for the mouse traps.

ps please take pictures once you trapped bunch of them.
Cats... The best weapon, and the only purpose for a cat's existence.

2001 ZTS,Nov 10 2005, 10:49 PM Wrote:For the record I am not concerned about moral/humanity/animal right issues.
[right][snapback]155042[/snapback][/right]

If that's the case, when your new cat gets each mouse, take the mouse and chop its head off (let the cat have the rest).

Put the mouse head on a popsicle stick and place it at your front doorstep. Repeat if more mice come by. Sooner or later they'll get the message. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edit: I would like to request from the admin for an "evil" smilie be added to our list.
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 10 2005, 09:57 PM Wrote:Put the mouse head on a popsicle stick and place it at your front doorstep.  Repeat if more mice come by.  Sooner or later they'll get the message.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]155045[/snapback][/right]

"Charlie don't surf"

I'm allegic to cats but may be able to tolerate a short hair, maybe an Abyssinian, I like them.

Peanut butter has worked for me in the past.

Anyone used an ultrasonic as a preventative? I heard eventhough humans don't hear it per se, it does however effect things like one's sleep patterns?
Vanessa says that they're not really "ultrasonic"... you can hear them if you place them in the same room...
2001 ZTS,Nov 10 2005, 11:04 PM Wrote:"Charlie don't surf"

[right][snapback]155046[/snapback][/right]

???? I don't get it.
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 10 2005, 10:50 PM Wrote:

???? I don't get it.
[right][snapback]155059[/snapback][/right]

Apocalypse Now
2001 ZTS,Nov 11 2005, 12:32 AM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 10 2005, 10:50 PM Wrote:

???? I don't get it.
[right][snapback]155059[/snapback][/right]

Apocalypse Now
[right][snapback]155067[/snapback][/right]
I Love the smell of napeam in the morning.

meford4u,Nov 11 2005, 12:20 AM Wrote:I Love the smell of napeam in the morning.
[right][snapback]155073[/snapback][/right]

Napalm. Learn to spell. Napeam is probably the name of some arabic kid who's gonna suicide bomb your truck cause he thinks you're a fag
Raine,Nov 11 2005, 12:58 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 11 2005, 12:20 AM Wrote:I Love the smell of napeam in the morning.
[right][snapback]155073[/snapback][/right]

Napalm. Learn to spell. Napeam is probably the name of some arabic kid who's gonna suicide bomb your truck cause he thinks you're a fag
[right][snapback]155080[/snapback][/right]

ouch!

I've heard that putting bounce sheets around the house well keep the mice away, fisherman use this trick in there boats when they store them for the winter ... plus it'll help fix the smell of ass
just wait outside the crack in the wall and once it comes out grab it, snap its neck like Arnold does to bad guys, walk out your back door and throw a touchdown pass... onto your neigbors roof... if you don't like them...
I get mice in my house too during the winter, and the only "trap" that has worked the best so far is Freddy the Cat. And as an added bonus, I have a little chalkboard on my fridge that I use to keep a body count. The downside is that you get a "present" when one is found.. I usually find the tail and ass-end of the mouse sitting on the living room carpet in the morning.

My parents also have mice, and any trap they've used has been ineffective. Usually the traps are just moved around and have no bait left on them. They've used the spring loaded ones, the glue ones, and a couple of others.
retracted. Stupid me. I shouldn't be talking about landmines on rememberence day.
Get the poison in the bags. they're pllets and the mice eat them and die. They will crawl out intot he open and die....and the chemicals that kill them cause them not to stink.

I use that stuff in my garage.
Sell the house, buy one not infested with mice.

What about a bucket of antifreeze? flat surface leading to the bucket...umm..that smells good says the mouse.....(jumps in)...gee this doesn't taste as good as it smells....oh snap I can't get out...this repeats for several mice.