FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rental Car Help?!?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to rent a car for 1-2 weeks! I've never rented before and am curious what place has the best rates? Anything else I need to know? I don't care what type of vehicle..the cheaper the better!

thanx
Check out expedia and places like that. They do car rentals.

You'll also want to take your age into consideration as well. I dunno how old you are, that will play a HUGE part in the rental price. When I was looking for a car for vacation (before I got the focus), it was like $200US for 10 days (i'm 33). For kicks, I clicked on the "under 26" (i think it was 26 anyways) box to see how much the price jumped, and it was astronomical.
RENT A WREAK
Got Bike Rack???
crazikev,Nov 10 2005, 03:56 PM Wrote:RENT A WREAK
[right][snapback]154972[/snapback][/right]

Go back to school!

NOS2Go4Me,Nov 10 2005, 03:58 PM Wrote:Got Bike Rack???
[right][snapback]154974[/snapback][/right]

Wrong member jerkass!
make sure you find a place that will give you unlimited km's

try thrifty
I worked as a rental car supervisor for over two years......

Make sure you get the insurance or make sure you have insurance coverage though your credit card or car auto package.

Make sure you do a GOOD walk around the car and mark ALL damage before you sign the agreement sheet for this porting of the rental agreement.

Definitely try for unlimited mileage.

When we did quotes, you base your quotes on what the user says. So for example, if someone phoned and said they are going on a 1200 km round trip, you can adjust the rate to include a certain number of kilometres but still 'catch' them on extra kilometres. Things like that. Not a 'crooked' business but what I'm getting at is that you can 'negotiate' the entire rental price.

If you plan to drop the car off at another location or another city there may be a hefty charge for pickup. Also make sure you return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as they charge heavy markups for fuel, something like $12 per 1/8 tank, etc.

If you have the car for longer then a week, ask for a special weekly rate as if you go daily, you will pay way more for it. A weekly rate is usually about 70% or less of the typical cost of a 7 day rental based on daily rates. Since your planning to rent for a couple weeks, try to work something in, remember you can negotiate the price. Some places even give you a rent three days, get one day free type of system so keep that in mind also.
Thanks everyone