FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Guess You've All Figured This Out By Now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This should be fun :D

I just kinda got hit when talking to Kevin (Hardk0re) recently... it seemed interesting. Lotta guys do different things, some savvy sedan owners (like GapBoyPCS - Richard) did the SVT front end conversion... there's countless things to do.

I did some poking around (here, FF, FJ) and found that noone has ever done this. Probably because it's the same as a SVT upgrade, but without the drop. The dampers are firmer, apparently, than the stock dampers while maintaining about the same spring rates and ride height.

An interesting note is that the anti-roll / anti-sway bars are the same as the SVT (21mm / 21mm).

I know it's not a big upgrade in the Focus world, but for the sedan it could be quite significant still. Kevin hooked me up as he was upgrading his S2 ZX3. It's pretty unique, and that fits the bill for what I've been doing to the car all along... not the fastest or the flashiest, but definitely unique.

Anyways, has anyone else ever heard of this before? There's also the option of some of the S2 appearance parts to make a showing as well :D YES I KNOW THE SPOILER WON'T FIT :P

Flame away if that's your thing, I could care less. B)

BAHAHA - forgot to say exactly what... I'm an airhead today.
what are you talking about?

I cant really flame if I have no clue what Im flaming.
S2 do not handle like SVT, they sit super high... higher than a regular zx3

and the only parts they have is the front lip, and the spoiler and a sticker...

you cant put the spoiler on a sedan, so therefore you'll add a lip and a sticker... and raise the suspension and change the sway bars.

not a big conversion... :rolleyes:
I dont really see the point. Except maybe doing something for the sake of doing something. It wont make you a "pioneer" in the focus community or anything.
french_connection,Nov 10 2005, 03:12 PM Wrote:S2 do not handle like SVT, they sit super high... higher than a regular zx3

and the only parts they have is the front lip, and the spoiler and a sticker...

you cant put the spoiler on a sedan, so therefore you'll add a lip and a sticker... and raise the suspension and change the sway bars.

not a big conversion...  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]154939[/snapback][/right]

Nos..I gotta agree with the mad frenchman here....its not really doing anything..

I dunno, good luck and all though!?
FociPhil,Nov 10 2005, 03:22 PM Wrote:I dont really see the point. Except maybe doing something for the sake of doing something. It wont make you a "pioneer" in the focus community or anything.
[right][snapback]154946[/snapback][/right]

Did I say I wanted to be a pioneer? Anywhere?

It's different, it's never been done, and I figured what the heck... I wanted an upgrade.

Anyways, discuss :D
The S2 package came with the following........

* "European-tuned" supension
* Graphite grey chin spoiler & rocker moldings
* Rear roof spoiler
* Color-matched side moldings
* 16" machined-aluminum wheels
* "S2" body-side badging
* Chrome-tipped exhaust
* 6-disc in-dash CD changer
* Unique sport bucket seats & door trim
* Silver-faced gauges with red needles
* Available in three colors:
- Liquid Grey (unique to S2 in 2001)
- CD Silver
- Sangria Red

As well, the spring rates ARE different on the S2 springs for the record and also have thicker sway bars. I've got the data somewhere proving this, just need to find it.
So I need a set of S2 seats... hmm...

Rocker moldings and chin spoiler... working on that :D

Exhaust - pass (MBRP installed). CD changer - pass (custom sound setup). Gauges and needles - perhaps.

Sangria Red - check. Colour-matched side moldings - check.

16" exclusive wheels - check. Suspension package - check.

So I'm not far off. :D

Thanks Chad!
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 10 2005, 08:33 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Nov 10 2005, 03:22 PM Wrote:I dont really see the point. Except maybe doing something for the sake of doing something. It wont make you a "pioneer" in the focus community or anything.

It's different, it's never been done, and I figured what the heck... I wanted an upgrade.

[right][snapback]154953[/snapback][/right]

I just figured that beacuse you asked if it has ever been done, and you wanted something "different"...sounds like you are trying to see if you would be the first one to do it, therefore a "pioneer".

If your not going that way, i apologize, it just seems liek that is what your trying to get at.
If it was worth pioneering, it would have been done long ago I figure.

This just kinda jumped out and smacked me. I like it :)

No worries. Now, I wonder if I can get Sara to buy me S2 seats for Christmas :D
No no...get her to buy me seats :D
i have a feeling that the price for S2 seats are going to be the same if not more, than a set of racing seats.
Unless you can find someone with an S2 who is replacing his seats and is getting rid of the stock ones cheap, it's probably not worth it. They arent significantly different, are they? A different insert design and maybe slightly different bolsters, but the basic shape and shell would be the same. Not really much of an "upgrade" for the cost of the seats and the hassle of changing them.. might as well buy some racing seats or SVT seats.

The rest of it could be cool though, the S2 skirt package is nice and subtle, but still different from a regular Focus. It's not like people are going to turn their heads and say "oh my god, was that just an S2 version Focus sedan that just drove by??", but low-key upgrades are usually the best.

And congrats on finding a suspension upgrade that doesnt lower the car (although I think the SVT suspension would have probably been a more worthwhile upgrade, since the S2 suspension isnt TOO different from stock).
I have zx3 seats for sale. They are similar to s2 seats aren't they?

don't zx3/zx5 seats just have bolsters on the side as where the sedan doesn't?
I'm trying to find a good picture of the S2 seats to see what the differences are.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 10 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]154953[/snapback][/right]

If your trying to do the "S2" look to a sedan why not go with the "S1" and "S1.5" ?

Little do some people forget but the S2 was made because of the S1 and S1.5 or better known as the Street Edition Sedan ( S1 ) and Wagons (S1.5) they have all the same options as the S2 ZX3 but the sedan and wagons have the trim black, since you have the SE you could make a clone of the S1 but the colour would be off.

S1 - Malibu Blue

S1.5 In Yellow

S2,Nov 10 2005, 04:38 PM Wrote:The S2 package came with the following........

* Graphite grey chin spoiler & rocker moldings
* Rear roof spoiler
* Color - matched side moldings
* 16" machined-aluminum wheels
* "S2" body-side badging
* Chrome-tipped exhaust
* Unique sport bucket seats & door trim
- Liquid Grey (unique to S2 in 2001)
- CD Silver
- Sangria Red

As well, the spring rates ARE different on the S2 springs for the record and also have thicker sway bars.  I've got the data somewhere proving this, just need to find it.
[right][snapback]154958[/snapback][/right]

Street Editions came with the following items as standard features:

* Black lower - body moldings ( Copied off the Zetec Package from Europe )
* Rear spoiler
* 16" machined - aluminum wheels
* Chrome - tipped exhaust
* Unique sport bucket seats in black
* Silver dash & front door accents
* Silver shift knob (manual)
* Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Egg Yolk Yellow (first and only availability on sedan & wagon)
- Malibu Blue - Malibu Blue was also exclusive to the sedan and wagon Street Edition.
- Infra - Red ( sorry it's not Sangria Red )

NOS2Go4Me,Nov 10 2005, 04:46 PM Wrote:So I need a set of S2 seats... hmm...

Rocker moldings and chin spoiler... working on that :D

Exhaust - pass (MBRP installed). CD changer - pass (custom sound setup). Gauges and needles - perhaps.

Sangria Red - check. Colour-matched side moldings - check.

16" exclusive wheels - check. Suspension package - check.

So I'm not far off. :D

Thanks Chad!
[right][snapback]154964[/snapback][/right]

If your really thinking of doing a S2 type of look, you should go the Street Edition route IMO. Keep in mind that the " Suspension package " is actually the Zetec 2.0 package from Europe if you didn't already know that.
Thanks Frost! I didn't know there were that many similarities between the S2 and the original Street Edition.

I don't like the black side moldings, personally, on any of the Focuses.

Hmm. It appears the 16" wheels for the S1/1.5 are machined but not polished or painted.

I'd love a good shot of your seats as well. Gauges too? This way I can compare them with the S2 stuff.

No offense to the Street Edition owners, but I think I'll stay the S2 course :D
let me know if you find out about the seats. I wanna get rid of mine fast
ZOOM,Nov 11 2005, 10:57 AM Wrote:let me know if you find out about the seats. I wanna get rid of mine fast
[right][snapback]155169[/snapback][/right]

Post pics?
Odometer / tack

[Image: Silver_on_Black.jpg]

Interior old / new

[Image: Interor.jpg]
[Image: Bezel.jpg]
[Image: DoorAccent.jpg]

best photo's of the seats I have

[Image: Interiorafter1.jpg]
[Image: 000_0122.jpg]

I can take more shots of the interior for you if you want them.
Pages: 1 2