FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does this remind anyone else of the new Focus front end?

[Image: 1031200512210347.jpg]
Has headlights A-LA-Echo, and a front bumper and lower grille A-LA-Focus...Hyundai is bad for this now too, but in retrospect...why pay the money for a car like an Accord, when you can buy a V6 Sonota that looks like one, for a LOT less...
Drivesthebeast,Nov 10 2005, 12:08 PM Wrote:Has headlights A-LA-Echo, and a front bumper and lower grille A-LA-Focus...Hyundai is bad for this now too, but in retrospect...why pay the money for a car like an Accord, when you can buy a V6 Sonota that looks like one, for a LOT less...
[right][snapback]154849[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. Plus the KIA's have that whole 10 yr warranty thing available... hard deal to beat.
Kinda repost. I'm too lazy to bring up the link.
looks like an Echo,
Punch into a computer the following paramenters:

4 wheels
4 doors
4 or 5 passengers
trunk
length = x
width= y
drag co-efficient=z

and every manufacturer will come up with the same look.
Welcome to the swamp......AAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE. Reminds me of the new Accent, oh wait, it IS the new Accent.
The more vehicles they can make off a single platform, the cheaper they all become to manufacture - it's called badge engineering.
Personally I think they look like the Ford Ikon, or a clone of them.

here is a link to the Ford Ikon
It's new, cheap, and affordable....who cares...I'd drive it~

I saw the hatch version the other day and crunched numbers...it truly can be had for under 12G's....Rio5 is suprisingly nice!
ZTWsquared,Nov 10 2005, 03:04 PM Wrote:The more vehicles they can make off a single platform, the cheaper they all become to manufacture - it's called badge engineering.
[right][snapback]154899[/snapback][/right]

Nobody can beat the king at that game aka General (generic) Motors.... :D
Able to squeaze out no less than 5 brand vehicles from a single platform!
i saw a car the other day that looked like an sti, think it was a kia as well.
svt_rodg,Nov 10 2005, 02:39 PM Wrote:i saw a car the other day that looked like an sti, think it was a kia as well.
[right][snapback]154959[/snapback][/right]

Kia has an appearance package that includes a non functional hood scoop and a rear wing.. makes it look like a mini WRX, only the engine is the same as the stock Kia Rio.

The Korean car manufacturers are improving a lot, but you can really tell where they are cutting the costs.
"The sporty Rio runs the regular 71kW 1.5-litre engine and takes 15 seconds to go from 0-100km/h.

By comparison, the $55,130 four-wheel-drive turbo WRX STi that it mimics has 195kW and can dash from 0-100km/h in 5.5 seconds."

It was sold here a couple year's back as the "sport pac Rio Sedan" the quote is from the link below which I believe is an Aussi car mag.

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/story_pa...5E21825,00.html

The next funniest car after the Kia is the Mitsu Ralliart Lancer.
Drove my buddies Santa Fe today...not bad...steers and corners like a car, has a somewhat peppy engine (2.0 Beta from Tiburon) when mated to the 5-speed. It's rather big....and the plastics and whatnot inside look cheap...and the accents inside are overdone like other asian vehicles too. Umm sorry about changing the subject a bit...it's an ok vehicle, but I'd still take a Ford Escape XLT V6 over it hands down...