FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2006 Focus Zx4 St
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to make 100% sure that I am correct with this information before I prove someone wrong.

We just a 2006 Ford Focus ST at our dealership, the ST model comes standard with the GFX front and rear bady kit, BUT someone said that the frame is the same as the the Volvo, again I was pretty sure that we didn't get the frame in Canada.

Is This True???

the frame is not the same as the volvo these guys are on crack.....they did a slight facelift and changed the engine....
FastandFocusZTS,Nov 10 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:I would like to make 100% sure that I am correct with this information before I prove someone wrong.

We just a 2006 Ford Focus ST at our dealership, the ST model comes standard with the GFX front and rear bady kit, BUT someone said that the frame is the same as the the Volvo, again I was pretty sure that we didn't get the frame in Canada.

Is This True???
[right][snapback]154822[/snapback][/right]
the ST model comes standard with the GFX front and rear bady kit TRUE

said that the frame is the same as the the Volvo NOT TRUE
Cant wait to prove my point tonight!!!....thanks!!!!!!

yeah he was saying that its the same frame as the Volvo and that is the same engine as the Fusion SE model, and also that the Focus ST handles WAY BETTER then a 2004 focus, I may belive him cause the Suspenion is Eurpoean tuned if I am correct..

Thanks again..
Also can someone give me a website that has all the information on the:

Ford Focus Roush
FastandFocusZTS,Nov 10 2005, 03:49 PM Wrote:Also can someone give me a website that has all the information on the:

Ford Focus Roush
[right][snapback]154832[/snapback][/right]

type in rousch into google, and you'll find it.
It handles better than any previous sedan, but given the minor difference in anti-sway bars and spring rates, I'm not that inclined to believe it's "night and day" or anything like that over a 2004 ZX3/5.

Also, I was told by my dealer that the 05 standard sedan config (bodywise) is still the standard config for all sedans, and they weren't sure if the Street Appearance package was mandatory on the ST or not. I think the brochure I have at home says it's an option for both the ST and the SE.

Yes, I'll echo everyone else on the frame... it's a Mk. 1 Focus through and through.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 10 2005, 01:08 PM Wrote:Yes, I'll echo everyone else on the frame... it's a Mk. 1 Focus through and through.
[right][snapback]154848[/snapback][/right]
This may not constitute absolute proof, but it is something easily verified ... the Mk. 2 Focus which they got in Europe (and we didn't get here) has a 5-bolt pattern on the hub, vs. the 4-bolt pattern they used (and we still use here) on the Mk. 1.
FastandFocusZTS,Nov 10 2005, 03:41 PM Wrote:Cant wait to prove my point tonight!!!....thanks!!!!!!

yeah he was saying that its the same frame as the Volvo and that is the same engine as the Fusion SE model, and also that the Focus ST handles WAY BETTER then a 2004 focus,  I may belive him cause the Suspenion is Eurpoean tuned if I am correct..

Thanks again..
[right][snapback]154829[/snapback][/right]

Wrong

I believe ST use SVT suspension.
FastandFocusZTS,Nov 10 2005, 10:49 AM Wrote:Also can someone give me a website that has all the information on the:

Ford Focus Roush
[right][snapback]154832[/snapback][/right]

go to http://www.roushperf.com