FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Crap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just ticked off. The engine light comes on sometimes, the thing chugs and gurgles when I stop at a light, I could be driving along, and all of a sudden it loses almost 80% of the power and the engine goes really loud and low rumbling. What the hell? Anyways, it's in getting diagnosed right now...hope it's not serious?? Funny though, it started to happen after I went rally driving through puddles the size of small lakes...it was fun though.
Well for your sake I hope no water go sucked into the intake. Other than that the stock programming in the SVTF leaves a LOT to be desired. Ask them to do TSB 03-11-19 while they have it.

03-19-11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORD: 2002-2003 FOCUS

ISSUE:
Some 2002-2003 SVT Focus vehicles may exhibit any of the following Conditions:

High Idle Speed On Cold Start
Engine Flare On Gear Change
Surge Under Light Load Steady State Operation (2000-3500 RPM, All Gears) When Warm
Surge Under Light Load Steady State Operation And Accelerations (2000- 3500 RPM, All Gears) When Cold
Rough Idle
Low RPM/RPM Dips
Battery Lamp Flicker

Hard To Start/No Start
Slow Return To Idle
Poor Performance/Acceleration
Lacks Power On Initial Pull Away

ACTION:
A revised PCM calibration has been developed to improve these conditions. If the vehicle exhibits any of these conditions, refer to the following Service Procedure.
I'd ask Scooba...hes an expert on f**ked up SVT's

Or should I say SPV?~!
I'm starting to think we need a SPV sub-forum.

Seriously... isn't Donway a SVT dealer? Screw Dixie, take it up with SVT and then try another dealer.
Some wire is broken in the ignition box, that keeps cutting out 2 cylinders. Only a $46 part, so not so bad.
Ryan,Nov 10 2005, 01:07 PM Wrote:Some wire is broken in the ignition box, that keeps cutting out 2 cylinders.  Only a $46 part, so not so bad.
[right][snapback]154847[/snapback][/right]

Sam thing happened to me, very easy install.