FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Won A Gopro Camera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a short trip from Home to Lindsey's Grandparents house for dinner. I had the camera mounted to the hood and it shot some pretty good video. Enjoy!!!

GoPro video

first few seconds are priceless lol
Is this thing on? LOL

It took like 45 minutes for that video to upload to YouTube. Not sure if it was my internet connection or what. But it seemed to take for ever.
wanna sell it or rent it?

i want this for my track days :)
I have had 2 people ask me if I want to sell it now. Not really sure what I am going to use it for as of yet. It is pretty cool. I am going to mount it on the bumper tonight for the trip home from Dixie and Aimco to McCowan and Lawerence. See if I can get some interesting 401 shots. I also need to read the instructions to see if I can turn down/off the Mic. It can be quite loud at times.
I wanted to get one of these...
I hope they come out with an HD version sometime soon, well, atleast 720p.
Yeah, that mic is WAY annoying. RF interference? or maybe just wind noise.

So, how'd you win it?
Gravter,Jul 6 2009, 11:52 AM Wrote:I wanted to get one of these...
I hope they come out with an HD version sometime soon, well, atleast 720p.
Yeah, that mic is WAY annoying.  RF interference? or maybe just wind noise.

So, how'd you win it?
[right][snapback]290668[/snapback][/right]

Yeah its just wind noise. There is a way to turn down the mic. I just printed off the instructions to see if I can do that before I film anything again.

I won the camera at the K-John Car Show on Saturday in Brampton. It was the grand prize in the raffle. $10 in tickets = $200.US Motorsporst Camera. Not a bad deal.
Thats sweet but who is that goof that keeps putting his face in front of the camera lol....Ya kev you need some better videos.
Now we have video proof that your car is sloowwww. :P

j/k Really nice man. How much do these things retail for?
LMFAO thats awsome ok I have to borrow that off of you one day and even perhaps tonight would have been a good one. Go to Massive meet for more info.
2 moving violations were spotted.

1. Fail to come to a complete stop at a stop sign.

2. Driving to the left of the centre line.

I won't tell because apparently you own a Fedge and that shows someone has pretty good taste.
Damn Kev, are you one of those "LeFt LaNnErz"??

i hate that sooooooooooo much
Bryan, I just drive like everyone else in the area. I don't want to lead by example. I may start rubbing off on everyone. The wifey wouldn't apprecate that too much. :P The Edge is Lindsey's Grandmothers. She loves that thing a hell of a lot more than the Jimmy she had before. Also the Sat Radio has an all Sinatra station and her Grandfather loves that guy. I am slowly converting the whole family on to the Fords. My mother in law just got her own Focus. Traded in her G6 for it.

Nik, I will be sure to ride the curb lane if you ever come to the Hood aka Scarborough.
Scorcher000,Jul 6 2009, 09:41 PM Wrote:LMFAO thats awsome ok I have to borrow that off of you one day and even perhaps tonight would have been a good one. Go to Massive meet for more info.
[right][snapback]290707[/snapback][/right]

You would have had to have it mounted sideways on the roof to get the look on the Cops face. :P
For the price they look like a great value for a diver/snorkeller as it is good to 30m.
2001 ZTS,Jul 7 2009, 08:24 AM Wrote:For the price they look like a great value for a diver/snorkeller as it is good to 30m.
[right][snapback]290730[/snapback][/right]

I kind of wish I had it when we were in Mexico when we were on our snorkeling/drinkfest boat cruise.
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 7 2009, 08:04 AM Wrote:Nik, I will be sure to ride the curb lane if you ever come to the Hood aka Scarborough.
[right][snapback]290728[/snapback][/right]

Its just funny how on HW401 my fast lane is the right slow lane.
NikiterZTS,Jul 7 2009, 08:40 AM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Jul 7 2009, 08:04 AM Wrote:Nik, I will be sure to ride the curb lane if you ever come to the Hood aka Scarborough.
[right][snapback]290728[/snapback][/right]

Its just funny how on HW401 my fast lane is the right slow lane.
[right][snapback]290732[/snapback][/right]

That's because in a Scooby the cops are eyeing you like a cat eyes a canary :lol:

I can buzz along in the left lane on the 400 series highways at 120+ all day, the cops don't look at me twice ;) (No Fusions in "street racing" y'know :P )

Yeah that camera is a neat little toy, but I just wonder how many G's that suction cup mount could stand before the camera and the car part ways :ph34r:

NefCanuck
i meant that in the left lane people drive 110km/h.....in the right lane i can go 125/m/h cause nobody is in it........people need to move to the right lane when they don't pass anybody....simple as that....when i drive with my co-workers i tell them the same thing. One of them refused saying that "right lane is for slow drivers". He's a dumb a$$ though so i let it go.