FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tire Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here's my dilema guys. I got a flat on one of my tires today, and anothers got a slow leak. So i'm faced with replacing a pair of tires. I'm not sure whether I should by 2 new tires to replace them or buy 2 snow tires. Keep in mind that next year i'm gonna be putting a set of rims on the car.

Which would you recommend? And if it is winter tires what would you recommend. I'd need to get the tires this weekend, so internet sites for cheap prices won't work.

Also if anyones got 2 or 4 all season tires they wanna sell let me know i'll consider that too.

Thanx guys.
I could sell you my Bridgestone Potenza RE950's after this weekend, but they aren't very good in the snow, and they are at about 50% wear, maybe more now. When it's not snowy though, they are an absolutely awesome tire in any condition, especially the wet. Ummm, I'd considering selling them because I'm buying some Blizzak LM-18's this wkd for the winter, and then I'm putting my 17" rims on this spring, so I'll have no use for the 950's anymore...

Figured I'd mention this for ya

L8tr
Thanx for the offer but i need something that will handle winter driving.
Yeah, I was gonna ask if you are doing mostly in-town driving....if so, they'd be ok. Either way, best of luck...
habmann,Nov 9 2005, 08:13 PM Wrote:So here's my dilema guys. I got a flat on one of my tires today, and anothers got a slow leak. So i'm faced with replacing a pair of tires. I'm not sure whether I should by 2 new tires to replace them or buy 2 snow tires. Keep in mind that next year i'm gonna be putting a set of rims on the car.

Which would you recommend? And if it is winter tires what would you recommend. I'd need to get the tires this weekend, so internet sites for cheap prices won't work.

Also if anyones got 2 or 4 all season tires they wanna sell let me know i'll consider that too.

Thanx guys.
[right][snapback]154727[/snapback][/right]
If you're putting new rims on in the spring get a pair of snows.

I bought a set of steel 15"ers and right now I'm getting 4 Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice for $527 installed balanced and taxes in. (P185/65R15 @ $98 each)

Go to Beech Tire on Upper James between the Linc and Hester, they're on sale til Saturday. Say Matt with the Grey Focus ST sent you.

EDIT: Point of clarification -- $527 are the TIRES (and mounting, balancing and taxes) only and NOT including the steel rims!! I got those at Steelcase Rims and Mags in Markham!!
Go 4 snows, your rear quarters will thank you for not pretending to be a RWD all winter :D

"Quick, here comes a corner, everyone to the inside of the turn!" :lol:

I liked Blizzaks personally, but now I'm psychotic and drive all winter on 4 14" Goodyear Integrity tires. :D
I thought Blizzaks were overrated. They're too soft and handle like crap when there's those days with no snow.
Yes, I would recommend 4 snows as well, I thought that the $527 was a reasonably good price for 4.

But 2 are better than none.
I got Blizzaks for my car, I've had them for 1 winter now and I cant complain with them. I find the car handles great on snowy and cold dry days, alot better then my Pirelli's anyways........