FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Paintball Gun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone have one for sale? or know someone that does?

lemme know whatcha got
Try canadianpaintball.com or torontopaintball.com

I just picked up my marker off the canadianpaintball forums used. Lots of choices depending on what you're looking for.
canadianpaintball, Has the best price anywhere. Mitch is a Great guy to deal with too.
My team was sponsored by them :)
Hehehe another one is bit by the paintball bug

habmann, when are we going?!
found this...guy wants $200 i offered $180...he is considering....

i've been told by someonel else it's immaculate...bought in august

[Image: Fullups.jpg]
Why buy a mechanical marker for $180 when you can get an Electronic new in box for $200? The only worthwhile mods on that C98 are the double trigger and the progressive barrel, but neithers gonna help you shoot more than 5 - 8 bps... get a spyder that shoots 13 bps out of the box
honestly, i could care less about BPS ....i'd MUCH rather be more accurate....

but that's just me

also the 89c is pretty much the most reliable gun out there...
Raine,Nov 10 2005, 12:58 AM Wrote:Hehehe another one is bit by the paintball bug

habmann, when are we going?!
[right][snapback]154783[/snapback][/right]

Whenever my mask and hopper finally get here. Apparently next week according to Canada Post.

Sounds like we may have to try and set up a paintball G2G sometime in the future.
Focused, Are you playing at the indoor arena in Guelph?
(or just shooting cows from the car?)
Raine,Nov 10 2005, 12:46 PM Wrote:Why buy a mechanical marker for $180 when you can get an Electronic new in box for $200? The only worthwhile mods on that C98 are the double trigger and the progressive barrel, but neithers gonna help you shoot more than 5 - 8 bps... get a spyder that shoots 13 bps out of the box
[right][snapback]154861[/snapback][/right]
Hmm Let me see, Raine you need to learn more about Paintball then.

First off, a C98 is a Great entry level gun. Its Bullet proof, and any idiot can use it.
Its made By Tippmann, Another Reason a C98 is a great gun.

If you go out and get a Canadian Tire Semi Electro, Or Even a JT Electro, Be prepare to buy 100 cup seals, Cause you need to replace them ever case of paint.

I've used Many guns in my Days, I've owned them all, And i would still say the most reliable Markers I've used have been Tippmanns and Smart Part products.

After 11 Years of playing, 6 of those Tourney Ball, I can tell you first hand Don't buy a Cheap electro, They will give you nothing but problems.

The only Spyder that will shoot 13 bps is a AMG outa the box .

Remember Raine Thiers a Diffrence between Balls per second and Shots per second...

Seeing that thiers Only a 100 or so mods to do to a c98
Heres a few

-Custom 98 Cyclone Feed.
-Tippmann RT Kit
-Custom 98 E-Bolt Kit
-Custom 98 Expansion Chamber Kit
-Lapco Velocity Adjuster
-Lapco Direct Feed
-Ben Tippmann Rocket Cock
LOL Nice one Chromey. I need to learn about paintball.. I'll keep that in mind. But just so you know, I have played with the following markers in Tourneys, rec, woodsball, etc.

Angels
E-Bladed Autocockers
Every spyder I can think of
every tippmann with the exception of the A5
Bob Long Intimidators
Pirahnas, Mongooses, JT's, and other spyder clones
Impulses, Shockers, and Ions (which is what I shoot)
DM4's, DM5's, and Matrix's
etc.

Any idiot can use a Tippmann? Any idiot can use any paintball marker. It's not rocket science. Sure you might wanna play for a while and do some reading before investing in a marker with eyes, changing the detents, etc, but for the most part a marker is a marker, plain and simple. Irrespective of Low Pressure setups, nitro vs co2, bore sizes and whatnot, a paintball marker breaks down into a few basic parts: trigger frame, body, bolt, feedneck, and barrel. Once you figure out how to maintain each part and determine how one betters from the next, you're set.

For Anthony, the part that effects the accuracy of your shots is the barrel. A progressive barrel, tho made by smartparts, is not a whole helluva lot better than most stock 12 or 14" barrels. Concerning yourself with accuracy isn't really a big factor in a lot of paintball games tho, as your drop off with a paintball is so extreme. With and average cap on most indoor and outdoor fields of around 250 fps (feet per second), your marker will only have a couple hundred feet of range. Most games these days fall into the trap of speedball, or something like it. More often than not, it ends up being better to assault your enemy with a barrage of paint rather than try to pick him off with one or two super accurate shots.

To that end, an Electronic Marker is what you really need to do anything worth while on the field. Ask Habmann, who has played with both, the electronic allows you to play the field, whereas a mechanical leaves you as a camper, hoping to not get shot and trying to pick people off where you can without getting heard or spotted. Sure, there are people that swear by Tippmanns, Automags, and other markers that are considered "high end mechanicals" but go to any decent sized field in Ontario on a day without a group of people you know... if there are people there, they're likely to be people that play the game more often than most... and those people tend to own their own markers. Most of the markers sold nowadays are electronic simply because when you go to a rec field, you're just gonna get pounded with paint if you can't unload a hopper in less than a minute. I'm not saying don't get the tippmann, I'm just saying for that price, it's not worth it. You'll have more fun with an electronic marker, because you'll be able to keep up to the pace of play. It's like buying an HDTV and running it on regular cable.. sure you've got the stuff you need to enjoy the awesome picture quality and surround sound, but without an HDTV tuner, it's still just a regular TV.. does the job, looks nice, but you're not getting the full experience.

Oh and Chromey, the Imagine, E-99, Pilot, Fenix, and Electra all shoot 13+ bps out of the box. In fact, the lowest rated Spyder Electronic marker that's being produced in 2005, the base Imagine LED, is rated at 14 bps... the new electra is 30 bps... just so you know.
Oh and just for posterity, this is my marker setup:

[Image: ion2.jpg]

A couple have changes have been made since this pic was taken, but for the most part it looks the same:

Smart Parts 05 Ion
Revy EvoII loader with z-board
48/3000 N2 tank
Shocktech Drop forward
Not pictured:
Smartparts Clamping feedneck
J&J 14" ceramic barrel (this marker shoots SILENT)
On/Off ASA

I've gotten it to about 15 - 16 bps on the stock trigger. Marker rips lines and doesn't weigh a thing. I love it
i've found that if you are even considering an Electro you cannot cheap out on the air. Comp-air and go big is the only option and that just adds money.
i have a Spyder Imagine with E-trigger and it will do 12BPS no problem with my Rev1 loade and freak barrel. in the summer i only got to play with it 3 times and it is a good marker with decent accuracy but not ideal for my game. the distance is kinda week and it's proan to chop balls at full auto on extended length barrages.

My tool of choice is my Tippmann/Special Opps A5A2 with Flatline barrel and Tippmann double E-trigger and remote bottle. I need to send it back to Tippmann to get it perfectly dialed in but it will do 15BPS all day long on CO2 and it has about double the range of any other marker. not the quietest marker but it's probably the best setup you can run if you are a serious woodsballer, PERIOD!
here's a pic before the double E-trigger...
[Image: a5a2.jpg]

the range on this marker is UNBELIEVEABLE!
nothing can compare, on full auto i can lay down paint 150-250yards away to suppress while my team moves forward. on 3 shot burst i can rip through pretty much anything on the run and the sound this marker makes, you can even use it when out of ammo to keep heads down....
accuracy beyond 100m is not great but then again, if you are shooting at something at 100m + with a paintball marker, you are either wasting paint or doing supressive fire. neither of which accuracy is needed.
ZX3TUNING,Nov 11 2005, 08:02 PM Wrote:[Image: a5a2.jpg]
[right][snapback]155283[/snapback][/right]

That's a sweet looking A5... that's gotta be the only mechanical I like the look of, and as of yet haven't tried
Since we,ve Killed this thread I should do some show and tell too.

[Image: ImpyLeftside.jpg]

04 Rat Pulse
-W.A.S Board(Debounce 1 Active)
-NDZ White Bolt
-DYE Reg
-NDZ LPR/ANS
-NDZRam Housing Assembly
-NDZ RIP Valve
-NDZ Ball Detents
-NDZ PRO-MAG Trigger
-Halo No rise feed neck
-Full Freak.
Not in Pic:
68-7200 NitroDuck Tuff skin tank.
Halo.

I can only manage 23 BPS Due to my Halo Not keeping up.
The onlything faster that ive seen was a Dye Ebladed Cocker, It hit 24 BPS
Chromey,Nov 12 2005, 07:34 AM Wrote:[Image: ImpyLeftside.jpg]

04 Rat Pulse
[right][snapback]155336[/snapback][/right]

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THAT MARKER!!! You and I have to play one day. It's been a while since I played outdoors... you're in acton right?
Yes Im in Acton. I used to play at Renegades all the time, But thier Sup Air field is a Small 3 man.

Flag Raiders has a Kickass 5-7 man Supair But very pricey, Or im sure i could get a Bunch of guys on our private field, Its just out side Eden mills, and its a Large 5 man Hyper ball like Area 51.
Chromey,Nov 12 2005, 03:59 PM Wrote:Yes Im in Acton. I used to play at Renegades all the time, But thier Sup Air field is a Small 3 man.

Flag Raiders has a Kickass 5-7 man Supair But very pricey, Or im sure i could get a Bunch of guys on our private field, Its just out side Eden mills, and its a Large 5 man Hyper ball like Area 51.
[right][snapback]155393[/snapback][/right]

In the spring we should go out to Ultimate Paintball in Milton... heard it's a great place