FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Would You Buy An Mk 2 Focus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will probably come down to how your car treated you (flawless daily driver vs. recall machine from hell), but thought it would be an interesting poll none the less.
I love my focus. Probably a lot more than most of you think but it is a Ford, I've gotten shitty service from Ford, the car was recalled 3 or 4 times in the 1st month of ownership. Thank god I'm somewhat handy with a wrench cuz I'd probably be one of those guys CONSTANTLY bashing the focus.

If the focus was made by somebody else, then yeah I would buy it. But now, this is my point I'm trying to make. Not supporting Ford ever again by not buying one of their products. It's sad really, if I had stellar after sales service and Ford didnt damn up on the lauch of the focus, I would probably be just as happy with it as 2001ZTS is with his WRX.

:D B)
I love my SPI, but I can't argue against the modding potential of a Gen. 2 Focus.
I'll pass, merely for the fact that my car has low enough mileage and runs consistently enough to warrant keeping it after the lease is up. Save money for a house and then a true pimp car.

SVT ZX3,Nov 8 2005, 11:21 AM Wrote:This will probably come down to how your car treated you (flawless daily driver vs. recall machine from hell), but thought it would be an interesting poll none the less.
[right][snapback]154429[/snapback][/right]

So far I have to say that I would buy another one, but I wouldn't buy new, hell, this gen Focus is overpriced for what you get (I mean in my case $29K new + taxes versus the $21K all in price for a car used approximately seven months, what do you think most sane people are gonna choose :rolleyes: )

Ford needs to get the price of car more in line with what the market is willing to pay for a car that size, you can appeal to all the "k00l dudze y0" you want but that won't generate the sales numbers you need...

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Nov 8 2005, 11:18 AM Wrote:I'll pass, merely for the fact that my car has low enough mileage and runs consistently enough to warrant keeping it after the lease is up.  Save money for a house and then a true pimp car.
[right][snapback]154449[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like a plan! Although, I voted in favour of the new car as i'm always open for change, and ya never know what job you might aquire down the road... :deal:
No, not because I don't like, I'm just looking at different types of cars now.
I've got the house now... I'd rather have a trick Focus and have extra cash for trips and other ruthless spending sprees. :D
If they have a deisel wagon version of the Mk II, I'd be on it in a second.
2001 ZTS,Nov 8 2005, 12:17 PM Wrote:No, not because I don't like, I'm just looking at different types of cars now.
[right][snapback]154460[/snapback][/right]

Same Here!!
I'd gladly buy an MK 2 Focus, mainly for the Diesel option if I got one that I'd be using as a daily driver, but it it was for pure fun I'd say ST MK 2 but it would only go out to focus canada meets.
Wish we had the MkII from Europe more....Though ours aren't as appealing, they do have the modding potential to become a very cool car. I've had nothing but good luck with my 1st Gen so far, and I still think that the Foci is still a decent bargain overall compared to it's competition. That, and I like not being one of the sheep who flock to buy a Echo or a Civic so that I can be trendy and Mr "Mee Too"...lol

I think I'll end up buying a 2nd Foci eventually (likely a wagon) that I can customize a little, and use as a daily driver, and then use my 1st Gen as a toy/project car with FI and all that good stuff...
I don't own one, and I doubt I ever would. But I still like the car.