FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Hate Deer. Die Bambi!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night came about a foot close to having no more focus. Coming back from Bad Religion and Anti Flag show. Deer came out. I ended up slamming the brakes locking up the tires and ripping the sides walls of the 18" Continental tires to shreds.

To make along story short. Hick towns have s**t for tires. For many of the guys at the tire shops I went to. It was there first time seeing a 35 series tire LOL. They dont even sell steelies.

So my dad ended up driving 3 hours to bring me my stock rims.

END OF STORY!

P.S. Continental tires suck!!!
Glad your ok Jay, those deers can cause serious damage/injury if you hit one right.
Good to see your okay too bud.

Too bad your tires got pwned by mother nature.

Now why are continental tires posted as number 2 on Car & Driver's list and they fail on simple breaking?
Ya. I want to get a hold of Continental on this one. For $220 a tire. You think they could take a brake at 120km.
deer is a problem, but moose is a catastrophe.

We don't have deer here, just moose .... and a lot :S
should have whipped open one of the way-gay doors.....

kinda like an airbrake.
ZX3TUNR,Nov 8 2005, 11:19 AM Wrote:Last night came about a foot close to having no more focus. Coming back from Bad Religion and Anti Flag show. Deer came out. I ended up slamming the brakes locking up the tires and ripping the sides walls of the 18" Continental tires to shreds.

To make along story short. Hick towns have s**t for tires. For many of the guys at the tire shops I went to. It was there first time seeing a 35 series tire LOL. They dont even sell steelies.

So my dad ended up driving 3 hours to bring me my stock rims.

END OF STORY!

P.S. Continental tires suck!!!
[right][snapback]154428[/snapback][/right]

Good thing you're okay 'cause that's what matters but...

Lord :blink: how much sidewall do those tires have? I can't imagine a modern tire in decent condition just disintegrating like that... How many did you end up losing?

NefCanuck
Anthony: :lol:

That really sucks man... I have never heard anything bad about Continential Tires... and as posted above, they're getting good reviews too... weird.
Taking the tires to the dealor and there sending them off the Continental for me for warranty. Had less then 8,000km on them so I hope they dont dick me around. Paid good money for them.

As for the scissor door they dont open quite that easy. Just cant whip them up. They have to open up regular like a nomal car door first then you have to actually lift up.
good to know your good Jay, including the foci, and it sucks on the tires but really that is funny about the hick towns lol, but yeah I'm sure they will honor your warentee on your tires.
Good to hear your alright, could have been worse you know. Any damage to your rims?
Double checking the rims again tonight and I will have the shop check if the rims are bent/damaged. I did have to drive on them flat but with the 35 series rubber they drove pretty good for being rigth flat lol. Didnt have much choice thow. Stuck in middle of no where. No phone recep, no jack or spare :( I took it super easy and slow thow. They seem to be ok when I took them off but who knows.

If they are good who wants to buy the rims lol. Now with having the stockers back on I like the ride so much better lol. I want my 16" BBS mesh rims :D

did you rip ripping apart more than one?... where was the spare?
I dont have a spare.

1. Need a jack to fit under the car so no point in a spare
2. I dont keep my lug locks in the car becuase theives are smart
3. 14" tire is not a good match with 3 other 18's on a 3 hour drive.