FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Grounds?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my stereo keeps dying on me, then coming right back on.....also the headlights flicker sometimes, and i amost always get a shock when getting out of my car.

I am guessing this might be a ground problem......i know of the ground beside the battery but where are the other?

any ideas?
There was a great how to posted on here not too long ago about doing all the ground in the car. Definately would make a noticable difference in your instance. Check out the how-to section
If your headlights flicker it sounds like you need a capacitor or a dry cell.
make sure you batt connections are free of rust(or whatever that white stuff is) and also tight.

I have the same problem last week. Cleaned the terminals with a wire brush and tighten them. No problems since then. Actually mine was even wrose then that. Almost stalled twice and lost the presets on my stereo.
Hope this helps, Mo
mo_focus,Nov 8 2005, 12:16 PM Wrote:make sure you batt connections are free of rust(or whatever that white stuff is) and also tight.

I have the same problem last week. Cleaned the terminals with a wire brush and tighten them. No problems since then. Actually mine was even wrose then that. Almost stalled twice and lost the presets on my stereo.
Hope this helps, Mo
[right][snapback]154427[/snapback][/right]

The white stuff is corrosion. Best thing to do is clean the connectors and terminals with a wire brush,get some felt washers and a packet of battery protector at CT and smother the terminals and connectors with it, put the felt washers down over the terminals, then put the connectors on and tighten it all up and that will fix the problem :)
I ALWAYS shock my self when i get out of the car, and it happens wehn i touch the door.

Im so used to it, that when i get out of the car, i touch the door to get the shock out of the way, and then close the door.
FociPhil,Nov 8 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:I ALWAYS shock my self when i get out of the car, and it happens wehn i touch the door.

Im so used to it, that when i get out of the car, i touch the door to get the shock out of the way, and then close the door.
[right][snapback]154436[/snapback][/right]
FociPhil, chances are that's a static discharge. Either stop wearing the wool boxers, or claim it is part of your 'electrifying personality'. :D

Brucktown, is it a stock stereo, or is it aftermarket? What equipment are you using if it's aftermarket?

Ryan
but I have to keep Jim and the twins warm....i NEED W0LL!
FociPhil,Nov 8 2005, 10:45 AM Wrote:I ALWAYS shock my self when i get out of the car[right][snapback]154436[/snapback][/right]

I wasn't aware guys could do this to themselves :blink:

Where's SVT ZX3's avatar? :D
I shock myslef everytime i get out also. I do the same thing to....lol...touch it right away so I can get the shock over with. :lol: To Funny. :lol:
hah ayeah when i get out i shut the door with the inside of my arm/shirt so the shock doesn't go on bare skin! i will try the wire brush tonight
For $10-$20, everyone should make themself some ground wire. ground wire do wonder on focus.